does breastfeeding make your boobs shrink?i did it with my 1st thinking of doing it again but i dont want tiny tits!not to be selfish!

jenny0709

Asked by jenny0709 at 2:04 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I breastfed my third child and after I was done breastfeeding her at 14 months mine shrunk big time. I mean I wasn't big boobed in the first place but they are smaller now then they were before I ever started.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yes! I had a B cup before pregnancy, a C cup during pregnancy and while BF, now I hardly fill out an A cup, they moved down about six inches and they even point down instead of out! lol.....but you what? It was soooooooo worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• BREASTFEEDING DOES NOT make you smaller! It doesn't make you droopy either! Nursing can make you bigger at first, but pregnancy is what changed the size, shape, etc. Not nursing.
    xrussianbabe02

Answer by xrussianbabe02 at 2:20 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• lol so..................do i get in the small titty committing or give my baby the best im so confused! why does this have to happen i wonder if there is a way to prevent it?
    jenny0709

Answer by jenny0709 at 2:21 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I have been a D cup for 10 years, pregnancy my boobs went to a very large DD, once I stopped breastfeeding @ 4 months they went back to a D.
    journey2lose100

Answer by journey2lose100 at 2:25 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I say breast feed your baby. Its really healthy for your baby. Nothing wrong with being in the itty bitty titty committee. lol! I'm a proud member! lol!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• thank you all for all your helpful advice
    jenny0709

Answer by jenny0709 at 2:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Mine got bigger and stayed bigger..So I don't think BF does it...I think it's just your body changing during pregnancy probally..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yes, I think it definitely depends on the woman. When my sister got pregnant with her first, she was a perky C and she breastfed for a year . . . second baby never latched on . . either way, now she is a DD . . however, she could tuck them in her belt.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:34 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Actually, it's not that your breasts get smaller because you nurse. It's that your breasts get BIGGER WHILE you're nursing, then, when you stop, they go pretty much back to the same cup size they were before. So, if you were small before, then you nurse, while you nurse they will be bigger, when you wean they will be smaller again. If you don't nurse, after your baby is born, they will be bigger (and hurt because they're engorged) until your milk dries up, then they will be smaller again.

As far as not being as firm, etc, to a certain extent, that's going to happen whether you nurse or not, being pg and having your milk come in at all causes that, as well as how supportive your bra is during your pg / nursing time.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 5:06 AM on Oct. 5, 2008