13 month old with e. coli

we recently added 3 puppies to our home. last night one had an accident and while i was rushing all 3 outside my little guy decided to eat the poop!!! well shortly after he was vomiting and the next morning he had massive bouts of diarrhea. took all 3 dogs to the vet for testing and the little guy to the ER (he was very lethargic and wouldn't stay awake) waiting on stool cultures to come back from the vet. the hospital treated my son for e. coli but he seems absolutely miserable. to make matters worse the puppy whose poop he ingested is now having bloody diarrhea and what looks like worms in her poop. doctor said we can't test my son for worms for 3 weeks. what am i going to do for 3 whole weeks!? I know other moms have had their little ones eat poop, but anyone ever had this series of unfortunate events?

622mom

Asked by 622mom at 12:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Well, my Dd has never eaten poop in all honesty, but I can say to just give him lots of cuddles! Poor guy!
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 1:14 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My children have never eaten poop. I don't know what to suggest other than keep in contact with your Dr and watch him very closely until you can actually test him. Also, the dog might not have worms...... maybe you can find that out soon.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'll bump this question so that someone might see it who has went through a similar situation....
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No I haven't had this happen! But that must be terrible, I hope your little man gets better soon!!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 9:47 AM on Aug. 5, 2010