i messed up... :[

i smoked weed and i breastfeed....
i know i did wrong
but i need to know how many time i should pump to get the bad milk out??????

mikells_mommi08

Asked by mikells_mommi08 at 2:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Health

• your baby and you will be just fine hun- your doing the right thing just by asking and knowing you messed up. i am sure there is someone you could probably call to get help. good luck to you and your baby!
    Anonymous

• I would say to pump at least twice before breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• you know there are hotlines in the yellow pages... I would call one of 'em ...just to ask anonymously. Because you want to make sure and don't need criticism. Just what is best for baby. Pregnancy can be an emotional roller coaster.
    sockmonkey

Answer by sockmonkey at 2:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I would wait at least 24 hours. It's a drug, it will take some time to leave your system.
    its_mrs.valdez

Answer by its_mrs.valdez at 2:57 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Wow you are brave..You posted without the anonymous button. I think you need to pump for about 3 days maybe? I don't know really lol...But I heard weed is less dangerous than cigarettes (I heard) It stays in your system longer though. I think you will be fine just DON'T do it again.
    MAybe you can google it and find out...I'm sure there is an answer on the internet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I agree with the above. Google it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I agree with the PP that said its got less harmful/synthetic chemicals than a cigarette, so think of all the mothers that have a smoke and then go right to nursing their babies. I would probably follow the same rules as with alcohol.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:51 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• no more damage than smoking a cig honestly...and it takes 30 days to leave your system...just keep nursing. The only bad effect on babies is sleepiness.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2008