What would you do if you cheated and got pregnant?

I got married for the wrong reasons, and love was not in the deal. I was however was in love with myson's father. I decided to marry the wrong man b/c the man I loved and felt was my soulmate did not love me. I wanted security for myself and my son. I figured that i might grow to love him, I kinda gave up on the whole love thing. Alot of the moms on here called the women with the fake question some awful names, I kinda wonder what you think of me? My husband did not love me when we had gotten married but then he did fall in love with me, but I never did. what i am asking is not for your judgements (cause that is my sin to bear with god only), but more for you to place yourself into my shoes and think about what you would do if it was to happen to you, not if you would cheat, but more that you already did and now your pregnant! What would you do??

Jessie2313

Asked by Jessie2313 at 2:29 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• I'd own up to it and let God deal with it. There's nothing you can do after the deed is done.
    Despite the fact that I thought that woman was immature for posting that question to start drama, Everyone makes mistakes and people will always look at you like your horrible for doing something..My mom told me never to say " I would never do that" because it seems like when you say that you end up doing it. I think it's God's way of showing you that you can't look down upon others in disgust when they do something wrong because you never know what you will do. You shouldn't judge them. I think what you did was wrong but I think you got your punishment...Living with it was punishment...so people bashing you for it isn't worth it. Most of these women bashing you for cheating are guilty of alot of bad things too but they are "more understanding" when it's them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Honestly...I thought long and hard...My first response was to say get an abortion and never tell anyone but honestly I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I got an abortion. So, I think I would have to come clean and tell my hubby I cheated and I'm pregnant. Then I would ask him how he feels and what he wants to do about it. If he kicked me out or said it was over...I would deal with it and try my best to raise my child and new baby alone. I'm sorry if this situation is really happening to you...and I dont judge you for cheating or getting pregnant...if thats what happened to you...I feel for you and hope that everything works out okay in the end. Good luck girl.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 2:33 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Well, I'm a bit confuse! I want to be clear on what I'm understanding. You are married and pregnant but your husband is not the father of your baby. How far are you? How do you know that your husband can not be the father? Also my opinion is how would you feel if your husband cheated and got the women pregnant. I'm quite sure you will be very very hurt. You, have committed a huge crime because you are married. If you were not happy from the start then why did you stay with him. At this moment it looks like you use and abuse him. Good Luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• know i screwed up and not dwell on it
    Anonymous

• I would put my big-girl panties on and divorce the man that I don't love so that he could find somebody that WILL love him. He really deserves to get the chance to move on. I would  become more self-reliant by getting a job and an apartment of my own. I would find out who the baby's father is when it is born and make the best of my life being a single mom. I would take some time to get my priorities straight and devote myself to bettering my future via schooling or furthering my career before I went man-hunting again. Your child's future is more important than finding a boyfriend at your current point in time.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 2:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I was in your shoes once kinda. Well i never married the guy but we were going to get married i already had a child but not by him i did cheat on him but never got pregnant i got with him for the wrong reason, and the only advice i have for you is leave him sister.I left him and two months later i met my Now hubby and a month and a half later we were married. And life is good. It will be hard at first but you can do it.

Christine113

Answer by Christine113 at 2:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• The best thing that you can do for yourself right now is be pro-active about being more self-reliant. Even if you weren't pregnant with another man's child, I would still advise you to get a divorce ASAP. It's simply not fair to either of you to be in this marriage. You don't love him and he needs to find somebody that WILL love him. You need to find somebody that you DO love but first and foremost you need to learn to love YOURSELF. It's scary being a grown up and doing things for yourself but it is VERY gratifying when you can learn to become less dependant on somebody else to make you happy.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 2:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Really, what i'd do? i'd get an abortion the moment i found out.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 2:55 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• abortion? are you kidding me? take that as a blessing and a sign that you are not with who you should be with....
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 4:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I think I would tell my husband. Maybe go to marriage counseling. It's easy to want to cheat when you're not in love with your mate, Good luck!
    BabyCatchinMama

Answer by BabyCatchinMama at 1:59 PM on Oct. 5, 2008