When would you get your IUD removed? adult content

My doctor said that I could get preggo they day my IUD was removed. Well, I read on their site, that there's only an 80% chance to get pregnant within a year of it being removed. My Dh and I are going to start TTC when Dd hits two.. and we want to be able to get pregnant within three months (because he's deploying in that time). So, what I'm wondering is when I should get my IUD out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes your doctor is right. If you have sex the night before or 5 days before you can get pregnant right away. Remember the sperm can live up to 5 days. I just got mine removed and I wish I did it sooner. My body is all screwed up.. Im completly irregular and I dont know when Im ovualting..its just bad right now...So I would get your IUD out about 6 months before you think your gonna start trying
    Kristin0312

Answer by Kristin0312 at 3:39 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Take it out now and use condoms cuz if they fail ,oh well, you were planing another kid ayway.
    I would only use a IUD if I was going to go 3 - 5 years between children or was done but didn't want a tubal.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 3:19 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• ur supposed to use a condom the first month or two after u get it removed. theres a high chance of it getting infected and ending in miscarriage if u get pregnant right away. and i dont know about 80% but the people that i know who get it removed always get pregnant fast, and it got infected. use a condom.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:22 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would take it out ASAP so that you can be prepared to TTC before your husband deploys.
    SultryLadyBug

Answer by SultryLadyBug at 9:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010