Which Baby Formula?

I breastfed my son. I plan to breast feed my daughter when she is born. I am getting all these different coupons for formula and I want to know which one do mothers like!

When you use baby formula which formula do you use?

Seterah1010

Asked by Seterah1010 at 2:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Store brand. It's the same as the name brands but half the price. The stuff we're trying now is like Enfamil Gentlease. We only got it because it was all they had left but since the baby has been kind of fussy on the other stuff it can't hurt to try. If he likes it we'll keep getting that kind.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 3:00 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• enfamil's the best on the market, closest to mommy's milk.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 3:20 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My daughter was on Enfamil and my son is currently on Similiac Alimentum (not sure of spelling) because he has a sensitive stomach
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 3:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No formula is like human milk. Human milk is living and changes to meet the changing needs of the baby. Human milk has at least 400 things formula doesn't have. Formula claiming to be like mother's milk is just advertising to get you to buy their product and feel good about your choice.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was lucky, I had no problems breast feeding. I never once had to use formula, so I can't give you a good answer based on my opinion. I can, however tell you that my sister used to use the WalMart brand. Her daughter is 9 now, and is bright, beautiful, and healthy, so I guess it worked for her.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:16 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I am breastfeeding my daughter but she has had a ounce of formula mixed in with breastmilk on a few very rare occasions. For that, I have used Enfamil.

For my son, he was unable to breastfeed and we went through several different types of formula (Similac, Enfamil, Soy etc) because of the fact that he was such a heavy spitter. We finally found a formula that seemed to agree OK with him and that was the Good Start brand.
    jacksmom3707

Answer by jacksmom3707 at 8:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I used Enfamil with my daughter and I had no problems. But it's whatever will sit will with your daughter good luck.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• nutramigen ar
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 12:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My son was on Enfamil Lipil but my daughter had an allergy when she was born and had to be on the hypoallergenic formula.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Enfamil lipil at first but we switched to gentlease
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 1:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010