How do I know I'm going into labor?

he hasnt dropped but he pushing an awful lot ans it feels like he could fall out when he does it

the_warrixs1223

Asked by the_warrixs1223 at 2:40 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• has ur water broke ? lol i know you may not know lord i didnt with my son but if you feel as if it might be starrting then go ahead and call your dr ...
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 2:42 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Oh you will know when you do. Trust me! Umm....more than likely you'll have contractions and they feel like menstrual cramps but way more intense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• If you are really worried about it then you could always call the labor and delivery at your hospital and see what they think.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Yep. The PP said exactly what I was going to say! I wondered the same thing when I was pregnant but, I KNEW when it was really happenening. I was lucky and never had false labor or even a single painful contraction before I went into real labor but from what I've heard even then false labor isn't as bad a real labor, you just don't know what to expect yet! Good luck :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• hey well my water hasnt broke but i due in 5 days and i a first time mother i dunno what to expect
    the_warrixs1223

Answer by the_warrixs1223 at 2:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Trust your gut, literally. Also, if you feel like you have to have a larger than normal bowel movement then it would be a good idea to get to the hospital immediately. (medics) :-)

Any contractions less than 2 minutes apart, feeling the urge to "push", or the head is crowning.
    shell.bell

Answer by shell.bell at 2:59 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• When your water breaks it will either be a trickle or a gush of fluid either clear or green depending on if their is meconium in the fluid or not. Are you having contractions?
    shell.bell

Answer by shell.bell at 3:02 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• My water never broke, and I confused my early labor as hunger pains, so I started eating. Big mistake. I puked through my labor. When it hit my back, I realized it was labor!
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• If your contractions go away when you walk around it's braxton hicks. If they get stronger when you walk it's real labor
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 9:19 PM on Oct. 5, 2008