What do you think?

I was thinking about getting a new tattoo on my wrists...my husband thought it was cool and might get the same thing done too...(kind of an inside thing we had about life) Anyways, I was thinking a barcode on my wrist...he was thinking a barcode but maybe not on his wrist...what do you think? Would you do it? What would you think it symbolized if you saw it?

raybell

Asked by raybell at 2:44 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I love tattoos and I would have no idea what to think. If I would see that on your wrist I would probably stop you and ask. I won't assume that you have a price or anything!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 2:48 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• LOL! I loved your reply girlneffy...you cracked me up when I read the price part...lmfao.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 2:53 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I would assume that you like tattoos... I have a tattoo of my daughter's name with shamrocks on my wrist...

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 3:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I know Jessica Alba has a tattoo of a barcode on the back of her neck, she got it done when she was doing Dark Angel.

I dunno, I have nothing against tattoos at all, but depending on your line of work I don't know if the wrist would be the best place. If you're a SAHM or if your employer is okay with it, then go ahead, go buckwild and get a barcode. But if it's going to cause trouble with anyone, I'd rethink it. I think that's a cute, subtle way for you guys to 'connect' =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:45 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I would say, how does a 50 year old woman look with a barcode on her wrist? Seriously, what if years from now we stop using barcodes? You'll be explaining that to all your grandkids, the neighbor kids and all their friends. Not a good idea. And yes, we have tattoos nobody can see.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 6:38 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• If I'm explaining to grandkids it will deffiently be an interesting story! LOL! Thanks for the replies everyone.
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 8:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Go for it! My friend has a barcode tattoo on his wrist & his wife has one on the back of her neck. Very cool looking!
    megs1228

Answer by megs1228 at 8:43 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Being someone who thinks they look okay on other people but wouldn't even consider it for myself..I would say it would be up to you...Sometimes I think people dont think about how it will look 20 years from now when the old skin starts to wrinkle and sag. IT WILL HAPPEN...coming from someone who used to think it could never happen to me..LOL Surprise!! It does...so this is one of those things you need to consider for the long haul.
    Jbug799

Answer by Jbug799 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Symbolically? I think it would mean that you are trying to be like everyone else. Barcodes signify the same product, same product, same product.
    Tatoos are great to look at (I'd never get one) but maybe go for something original and special for you and hubby.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 12:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• barcode? to me i would think.....government owned...LOL which is true if you think about it
    MiraclesDHappen

Answer by MiraclesDHappen at 3:45 PM on Oct. 5, 2008