What is your opinion of the paranormal?

Psychic readings, ghosts, hauntings etc. Just curious what opinions people have.

SophiaofLight

Asked by SophiaofLight at 3:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As a witch who has the ability to sense and see "ghosts" and many types of spirits as well as who has worked with Paranormal Investigators and has never lived in a home or area which was not "haunted" - I would be a fool not to KNOW beyond belief that it's real and that it's an every day part of life and nature.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:03 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Psychic reading and dream interpretation are nothing more than psychology. When I interpret a dream, I can usually figure out what is going on in some body's life reading what they describe and sometimes asking a few simply questions and then offer an explanation of why they dream what they do- there is no 'vision' involved in it and I'm usually right with my answers. It's all observation.

I have had numerous paranormal experiences and so have my children. I believe that some people are simply more sensitive to seeing and hearing what people call 'ghosts' and 'hauntings'. I've noticed through research that most people who have this type of ability have other family members who have it as well, so perhaps it's genetic or even something they grow up with and are more accepting of because of it.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:31 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• There are many types of hautings- some are residual which is energy that plays back the same seen over and over like a movie. These type are not intelligent and simply go through the motions. Then, there are intelligent hauntings where you can communicate with the energy and the energy is capable of manipulating it's surroundings. I believe that all people are made of energy and when we die, that energy remains behind. If strong enough in life and death, it may be able to become an 'intelligent haunting'.

There is also poltergeist activity, which can be violent. I think this is not the work of 'ghosts' or 'demons' but of an actual person. Most cases center around a child undergoing puberty or a family that has had a tragedy etc... the human mind is a powerful tool which is not totally understood, and I do think humans are capable of producing 'paranormal' activity themselves.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think there is some truth to it all and that includes explanations of what some might think is ghost. I believe in energy but you can't see it :)
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 3:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I believe in spirits so yes I believe that sometimes people see or experience them.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:15 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yeah, I believe in all of that. I've had personal experiences myself. I agree with IhartU about poltergeists, and I think it stems from a person's unharnessed, unrealized psychic/telekinetic ability.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I've had many experiences with "ghosts" or "spirits". As far back as I can clearly remember, I've been able to sense things or see things.

I believe we are all born with the ability to see the paranormal but this ability diminishes as we get older because society tells us that it's not normal but not everyone listens to this and keeps the ability. I also believe that when a woman becomes pregnant, this ability is once again tapped into.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 11:31 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I saw ghosts as a child and I remember seeing the dark shape standing at the foot of my bed that turned out to be my guardian spirit. There are numerous websites devoted to photographs with ghostly mists and figures in them--some utterly unexplainable. There are films and plaster casts of footprints left by a primate called Bigfoot. There are photos and films and thousands of eyewitnesses to UFOs flying in the skies around the entire world. I don't know about psychic readings. Those I've had done on myself were quite inaccurate, yet the tarot reads and past life readings I give to others seem to strike a chord. Shakespeare was correct, tho. There ARE more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in our imaginations. We are connected to the Other Side all of our lives, but sometimes we have to relearn and remember those things we knew as a child.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:50 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I believe in energies around us....and that we can see them or sense them. I believe there are different types of energy from those before us....they can manifest in different ways.
    I've had too many experiences to think any differently:)
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 1:04 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• very believable! I have had a few paranormal experiences I will never forget. It's very easy to fake a sighting, photo and evp, but it's still entertaining either way. I love looking at captured paranormal activity on youtube and shows like ghost hunters.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010