My baby (8months and a half) fell from the bed yesterday, he cried a little and was back to his normal self, he was ok all day yesterday but this morning he woke up crying then he started vomiting (24hours after the fall)

I didn't make a connection at first as I was told that if he vomits after the fall or goes shaky etc to call a doctor, but this morning I thought it had more to do with the fact that I probably fed him too much at around 4am...please help I'm not sure whether to call the doctor or whether all this is normal (I have checked his pupils, they are normal)

louLT

Asked by louLT at 3:55 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Kids' Health

• I think he is fine. Is he lethargic or acting different other than vomiting? He could have a little bug too. I doubt he has a concussion but if you are concerned go see a doc
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 3:57 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Thank you for your answer JuJubean
    louLT

Comment by louLT (original poster) at 4:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You are welcome. I just know from experience lol. I had a concussion and it was right after the fact. I wouldn't worry too much just keep your eyes open :)
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 4:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• One of the things that I have been told to do by the doc is to check the child's pupils. When you shine light into their eyes (I use a small flashlight and put indirect light in their eyes) ~ the pupils should dilate at the same speed. I do believe that there would be other signs as well like JuJubean said if there were a problem. Just monitor him a bit closer than normal. Good luck! =)
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 4:20 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Thank you for your answers :) He is acting normally, well normally compared to an 8-month old :)
    louLT

Comment by louLT (original poster) at 6:07 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You might want to just call the Dr's office and run it by them if it might give you more peace. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:03 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It couldn't hurt to call the doctor. Did he hit his head?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I haven't called the doctor as he is his usual self, I'm really not sure whether he hit his head or not, I didn't see him fall :(
    louLT

Comment by louLT (original poster) at 10:04 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• As long as he is acting normal I wouldnt worry. My son who is 23 months has fallen and hit his head so much, and the Dr at the emergency room said childrens head are hard for a reason, lol.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 11:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• :) thanks sstepph
    louLT

Comment by louLT (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010