How you ever???

Seen, read or know a person goin thur something (like death/dying) and your problem just dont seem so big???

mekarevell

Asked by mekarevell at 4:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Absolutely. I just recently got crashed into at a stop light by a woman who ran the light, hit another car almost head on, and bounced off his car and totalled mine, all while I was sitting still. I was feeling really sorry for myself until I learned of an acquaintance who buried her husband at 2 in the afternoon, and her son died at 5 on the same day. It made me really ashamed of my attitude about a car!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Problems all have some sort of significants..they are important to the person going through the issue...Death & Dying are just acceptances of life...Not to sound so insensitive...But, I believe everything or anything someone is encountering has importance.
    jmfire14

Answer by jmfire14 at 4:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Defiantly no matter what someone is going through worse. Not that it makes me feel any better.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 4:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I understand what you are saying. Sometimes we can get so wrapped up in our own problems that we tend to make them bigger issues than what they really are...and then we see/read about a person going through something REALLY tough we realize that our problems aren't so big after all. That happened recently when I was worried about a petty argument that I had with my husband and found out that a person I know (online) just lost their child due to a tragic accident ~ it totally changed my perspective.
    7blessings

Answer by 7blessings at 4:51 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes all the time, it's very humbling to see the struggles others have been dealt.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:13 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• all the time. i thank god everyday for what i have.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:05 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I try not to. I try to realize that we all go through the experiences we need to go through. Thing is, when you start feeling better about your life when someone else goes through trouble or tragedy, then it's easy to fall in the trap of "the other way around"- you feel miserable when you see someone succeed when bad things to be happening to you.
    So I think we should just accept our blessings and our challenges equally, after all, they both come from the same place- G-d.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 1:22 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes, our neighbor's son passed away at age 23. It's a very sad story.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 4:13 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Of course... I watch Oprah! lol

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• oh yeah...whenever i start complaining about my life and thinking im stressed out i remind myself of the ppl i know who have it far worse. and then i feel bad that my friends are having things so bad, cause if im stressed over little things i can only imagine how hard their lives are stressing over big things.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010