wondering about preg. test?

My period starts on the 6th of this month but i have been getting naustea. i took a pregnancy test and it was neg. should i wait until the 6th to take it? is my hcg level not high enough maybe that maybe the issue. Please help me out moms?

mommytoobe2011

Asked by mommytoobe2011 at 4:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• What kind of pregnancy test did you take? Is it one that can detect pregnacy before a period like first respone early pregnancy test.
    wainne

Answer by wainne at 4:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• no it wasnt.
    mommytoobe2011

Comment by mommytoobe2011 (original poster) at 4:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i would wait see if you get your period.. if not wait a couple days more... then retest or call your doctor. GL
    beccan

Answer by beccan at 6:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• If it wasn't a test that specifically says you can take it before your missed period then I would wait until the 8th or so and then take another test if you haven't started. In the meantime I would act like you were pregnant (ie no alcohol, eating right etc.). just in case.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:50 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Okay. Then I will wait. Thanks for the advice.
    mommytoobe2011

Comment by mommytoobe2011 (original poster) at 9:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I took one a week before my period was to start and it was negative. Then i tested the day after my period was supposed to start and got a very quick positive and then went to the dr. and they confirmed it. So you probably just tested too soon. Try a digital test like clear blue but wait til closer to your period.
    stevynjjsmoma

Answer by stevynjjsmoma at 12:46 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes, I would wait until you period is late. Morning sickness doesn't kick in until you're six weeks along.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I afree with waiting until your period is due unless you get one that says they can detect it early.
    Sonylena

Answer by Sonylena at 1:05 PM on Aug. 5, 2010