anyone else have a kid who just can't stop bedwetting?

My son is 10 and he still wears goodnites to bed- they are NEVER dry in the morning. We tried an alarm but he just couldn't wake up and be coherent enough to pee. He got found out at a sleepover recently and was teased- it just kills him. Any suggestions? it seems likely he will outgrow it with puberty(doctor says) but he is just done waiting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I wet the bed until I was 12. There was nothing I could do. I did wet at friends houses, but I was never teased by friends much. My little sister did make it a point to tell everyone, and I'll never forget that she did that. I had an immature bladder condition that didn't mature until puberty. There's not much you can do. If he doesn't want to get teased, he can refrain from sleep overs or find friends that won't tease him.
    MomtoElliett

Answer by MomtoElliett at 5:20 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Just check how you have been handling his problem, any reactions from you??> I mean those that could possibly make him unhappy??? Make sure he does not take plenty of liquids b4 going to bed, boys like playing alot this could increase his fatigue during the night and could cause his deep sleep, make sure you do wake up him during the night, suggest timeliness
    LoisK

Answer by LoisK at 5:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• This drug, Desmopressin, worked for our daughter who was still wetting the bed by age 11. At age 12.5 she hasn't wet the bed in a year. Ask your pediatrician.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 5:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I don't know if the drug mentioned before is the kind that is in a nasal spray, but my nephew used a nasal spray that his pediatrician prescribed. It worked great. Ask about that too. My brothers and I were wetters and most of our children until we got older. I wish him, and you, all the best.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2010