What is the best birthday present you ever received?

minasmama6

Asked by minasmama6 at 5:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• This year I'm having surgery right before my birthday. So I wish to be Cancer Free! All my life growing up I had no celebration or mention of my birthday. I never knew people celebrated birthdays. But in '08 it was a bad year. I had a health issue and 2 loved ones died. I went to a Art Show! My DD is an Artist & I Love Art. I Love to buy from Artists. Anyway I had my eye on this owl pix. I Loved it! It was expensive! Somehow before our loved one's funeral where DH was a pallbearer he got up early. He went to this Art show & bought me this expensive Owl pix. Meanwhile playing the " I know nothing" game. I showed him where it was. The Artist and I set up me to get another one! So DH showed it to me over one month before my BD. I Love that owl pix. I guess I want owl wisdom & strength. DH is still jobless. My birthday is in 14 days & that gift keeps giving & making me Happy. We'll be married 30 years on the 30th! Best ever!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 12:25 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Nothing really stands out. How about you?
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 5:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• As a kid I had a surprise birthday party when I was about 7 that was just so much fun. As an adult I would say the beautiful hand made cards that my kids always make for me.
    minasmama6

Comment by minasmama6 (original poster) at 5:51 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My last birthday I got Taco Bell my 3 pound Chihuahua. He is tan with light brown spots. He a a really nice, fun dog that like everyone. He was a gift from my son.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• That is a fun gift!!! Wish I had one. We had one when I was a teenager and loved her.
    minasmama6

Comment by minasmama6 (original poster) at 5:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My husband bought me a golden Kate Spade handbag this year. He knows that I've made a lot of sacrifices to my lifestyle to be where we are today so I think it's very sweet he still remembers that I like nice things, if only once a year :) I wear it all the time! It really was the thought that counted on that one.
    Friskitriski

Answer by Friskitriski at 6:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My 2 sons..... I got pregnant for each of them on or near my b-day. they were born 16 years apart. I would say they were the best gift I have ever gotten
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 7:33 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• A big fat check!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My cosmetic surgery!

Answer by older at 7:51 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Not sure if this was my best EVER but this yr hubby got me a remote start for my car cuz he knows how I hate the cold winters and getting into a cold car. I love it already with the hotter days too. I can stand anywhere & turn it on.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:33 AM on Aug. 5, 2010