Can you have pneumonia but not have a fever?

I have this horrible cough. I can't sleep because I just cough and cough and feel like I can't breath, especially when I lay down. Last night I didn't sleep until 5:30 am. because every time I was almost asleep I would have another coughing fit. I don't have a fever though. My temp is a little higher than my normal temp., but still not high enough to be a fever. I felt a lot better today during the day even though I didn't sleep. But here it is almost 3am and I'm still up coughing. I'm calling my dr. in the morning. Didn't call earlier because I felt so much better earlier.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Health

• That sounds like bronchitis which can eventually lead to pneumonia. Def. call the DR and get some antibiotics. Hope you feel better soon!
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 5:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Asthma? I got asthma when I was 32.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I don't know, but stay away from hot tubs! My friend's ex recently passed away because of fluid in his lungs. He had pneumonia at the time.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 6:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Commone symptoms of pneumonia are Fever, Cough, Shortness of breath, Sweating, Shaking chills, Chest pain that fluctuates with breathing (pleurisy), Headache, Muscle pain and Fatigue.

Common symptoms for bronchitis are Cough, Production of mucus (sputum), either clear or white or yellowish-gray or green in color, Shortness of breath, made worse by mild exertion, Wheezing, Fatigue, Slight fever and chills, Chest discomfort

I hope you are feeling better soon.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:05 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• yes it's possible, good luck. HOpe you feel better soon.
    AshleyBDG

Answer by AshleyBDG at 8:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes you can!! Walking pneumonia can cause that kind of feeling. I wasn't really coughing that much when I had it twice. Just felt like I was breathing through mud. Shallow breathing was easier than trying to take a deep breath. My doc told me he suspected pneumonia by the way my nose was flaring when I would inhale. I was breathing through my nose and mouth at the same time I guess. I didn't realize it, but he was looking for it I guess.
    You should maybe get a chest xray. I didn't think I was sick enough to have pneumonia, but my doc said had the xray showed even a little more congestion in my lungs (one was half covered and the other about 1/3) he would have admitted me to the hospital for treatment.

Hope you feel better!!
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 9:51 AM on Aug. 5, 2010