How can I liven up a "tasteful" Bachelorette on a Mommy's budget?

I have been tasked to be the Maid (er, Matron) of Honor and have tried my best to get a bachelorette together. The Bride is conservative and there will be no alcohol served or inflatable genitalia... so most of the guides online are completely useless since no one will be eating candy off her T-shirt at a bar. I have a venue reserved at a hotel near the wedding, party favors for the dozen girls attending, a friend's of the bride memory book setup (to give to the Bride) similar to scrapbooking but not as involved so that all the girls can participate, and of course finger food and cupcakes. Everyone has been asked to bring a gift of lingerie for the Bride. I would LOVE some ideas for party games that aren't tacky. People are flying in from all areas of the country so I want it to bring us together in the party spirit without it being too much like a bridal shower. PLEASE! Any suggestions would help.

Friskitriski

Asked by Friskitriski at 6:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Entertainment

• I've heard of "spa" parties, where they bring in people to do manicures, pedicures, and facials. Would something like that help?
    babynurse244

Answer by babynurse244 at 6:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You could do a bachelorette trivia game... get her to give you information for the questions. Get a cake and let her practice smashing it into everyone's faces. You could also try scrapbooking - have everyone bring pictures they have of the bride and her soon to be groom and put them together. Have lots of music and alcohol free cocktails - have a dance contest. You could also have a psychic come in and do readings. There are lots of ideas - just consider your bachelorette and get creative.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:50 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• We are doing scrapbooking :) Thank you for the reminder about music!
    Friskitriski

Comment by Friskitriski (original poster) at 6:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Do a google search for "clean bridal shower games" or check out Party City (local store or online). I'm almost positive they have game ideas on their website. Also try (I can't believe I'm saying this) Martha Stewart online or even Good Housekeeping online for ideas.

You have a FABULOUS resource at your fingertips. =)

Congrats to the happy couple!!
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:34 PM on Aug. 5, 2010