For anyone who had or know someone who has...

placenta previa during pregnancy, where the placenta goes down covering part or all of the cervix. I wanna know how their deliveries went. thanks guys. :)

fefe87

Asked by fefe87 at 6:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You have to have a C-section if the placenta remains placenta previa.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• one of my frieds had that and they delivered her c-section at 36 wks, and was on nothing but bed rest before she delivered.
    casey2010

Answer by casey2010 at 6:51 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• dont worry about it yet....i had that with my daughter and they just will keep doing ultrasounds right up till your eighth month or even longer...mine moved as the baby got larger so i had a natural birth. If it doesnt move then they do a C section
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 7:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• If you aren't due yet don't worry about it. It can grow up out of the way. If you are due you will be having a c-section. The March of Dimes recommends that no c-section be planned before 39 weeks. Too many premature babies being born by planned c-sections at 37 and 38 weeks end up in NICU. Now if you suddenly start having a problem that is different. But I wouldn't let a doctor tell you that 38 weeks is full term let's do it and then end up with a problem. Good luck. I hope you are early in your pregnancy with plenty of time for baby's placenta to grow up out of the way.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 8:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i'm 38 weeks, not much time.
    fefe87

Comment by fefe87 (original poster) at 9:07 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I had an emergency c-section at 34 weeks, I was having serious bleeds throughout my pregnancy. At 38 weeks, I was going to have a scheduled c if the placenta hadn't moved, my doc didn't want me to go into active labor because my placenta was covering about 1/2 of my cervix at the time. I was being checked every week. As long as your doc knows what's going on (and it sounds like he does!), you should be fine. Don't read stories on the Internet, they'll freak you out! :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:04 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I had it early, around 13 weeks. It fixed itself by 18 weeks. I so sorry yours didn't. Just know the c-section in the case is life saving.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:05 AM on Aug. 5, 2010