Is it normal to for babies who are teething to get sick?

my lil girl is 8mnths old...she is currently teething, already cut two teeth. everytime it seems like she is teething, she gets a cough, stuffy nose, vry hard to get asleep, and very fussy....she is my first and i need advice please..... i keep worrying and i want to know if this is normal....alot of ppl i have tlked to said it is. please give me advice!!!! thankyou :)

casey2010

Asked by casey2010 at 6:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i think it is .. all my family when little ones are cutting teeth end up with something esp a cough, cold symptoms just my opinion tho hope u get lots of replies to help you put ur mind at rest!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I know that a runny nose is often part of the teething process. Here's a bump to help you with your question.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 6:55 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Teething will cause a fever up to 100, drooling, cough from all the drool, diarrhea, chin rash (again from the drool), fussiness, and pulling on ears or cheeks. Keep an eye on her nasal mucous - if it is or becomes yellow, check with your doctor.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 6:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• give her some tylone. i never used asprin, but then i can't, plus if your worried ask a doctor. and give her some pedilite, that will help. it's a kids form of gatoraide so they don't get dehydrated.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 6:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• thankyou all for your answers, help lots :)
    casey2010

Comment by casey2010 (original poster) at 6:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• doctors say no, but i think it is. cuz it happens with everyone, those are my own statistics, lol.
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 7:03 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• lol
    casey2010

Comment by casey2010 (original poster) at 7:07 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My children were always just like that when they were teething, and I've noticed the same thing in my grandchildren. They will also sometimes even run a little temp. It's okay to give them a little Tylenol and that will make them a little more comfortable and help them sleep. Just remember that these times don't last very long.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 7:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It is very common, they can also develop a low grade fever and have diarreah. Give her a little bit of Tylenol at night so that she can sleep better, during the day you can give her frozen fruits or veggies in a mesh thing. That way it will numb her gums, good luck!
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• The pediatrician always told me no, but my son included, every child I know has been sick while teething. So, I go with, yeah that it is normal.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 10:19 AM on Aug. 6, 2010