Does anyone have a good cleaning schedule?

I work 8 (sometimes more) hours a day and while some days my husband helps out more often than not I come home to a much bigger mess. Does anyone have a breakdown of what they do on a daily basis to help me out. I am so overwhelmed and really don't like feeling like I clean more than I spend time with my kids especially when it is so nice out and we only get like 4 months of this a year LOL

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 7:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I hope someone can give answers to that is a working mom because I am so tired when I get home from work it's the last thing I want to do too is clean and especially at this time of yr. I don't get where people say our house should be clean when we come home because no one is here all day while that is true no one is here all day to do the things that need done either I get up at 4:30 AM & out the door by 5:30 AM back hoem to cook and what not.
    I think we need to just do what we need to do keep up the dishes, throw 1 load of laundry in fold that while we are watching TV
    make kids help more if they are of age and do the most cleaning with family help on Saturday & Sunday mornings.
    I feel for you I have the same problem sometimes.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i bribe the kids to help. the younger two fill the washer while the oldest helps with dishes. those are my worst.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 7:10 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm a SAHM mom so my schedule might not work with your workday, but here goes:
    I'm up at 530 am while kids are still in bed. I put on coffee, sweep floors downstairs (4 rooms, all hardwood), wipe down bathroom after I jump out of shower.
    Kids are up about 7 am, get the 2 yo changed and dressed, and while upstairs make the beds, pick up the dirty clothes, wipe down upstairs bath real quick.
    When baby takes his nap, I dust the downstairs and do up breakfast/lunch dishes, maybe throw a load of clothes in washer.
    Dinner is at 6, right after dinner kids clear table, I do dishes and clean kitchen (I run dishwater while cooking and wash as I go also).
    We usually playoutside after dinner until 830 (baby's bath time), after bath we come downstairs and I put away dishes, pick up toys, sweep again if necessary.I probably spend about 1-2 hrs a day on housework in a 5 bedroom house w/ dh and 3 kids.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• good morningYou could try the flylady. I think it's www.flylady.net She helps you break down the tasks and get everything done. Good luck!

sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 7:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I usually give each room just 15 minutes a day. Some days I get to all of them some days I don't. If I want to get outside for some family time I may just pick the 1-2 worst rooms and say to hell with the rest. I have found over the years that if I give a good, solid 15 minutes to a room say, while cooking dinner I can get a lot done. When my kids got older I enlisted them for help and told them what the reward would be. (playing in the pool w/ me, playing a ball game w/ me or a walk, a movie , a trip to the ice cream store, board games etc) They would then really pitch in. Saturday was my cleaning morning., where I did the bulk of my cleaning. So during the week I could get away with just quick picking up
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 7:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I want to hear some of these answers too. I am a SAHM and I still can't seem to keep my house clean enough lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 7:53 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I realized that I really didn't give your question any good answers. As a working Mom it is very hard on us that aren't home all day it does get to be a mess because we are tired after being gone & want to be with our family instead of cleaning so..
    This is what I do.. we do baths at night.
    I get up in the morning and throw a load in then when I get home if it's nice out I hang them outside you could put them in the dryer so while you are doing that throw another load in the washer
    Start supper... fill the sink with soapy water & do as many dishes as you can while cooking if you aren't doing that then run the vaccumm, or collect the garbage have someone run it out when they can or have them collect it.
    Bathrooms might have to wait until the weekend if you're in there doing your thing just wipe the counter down while you are standing there after you have brushed your teeth or after you washed your hands where ever U get a
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• cont.. chance to do that. Make sure you make your bed after you get up in the morning even before getting dressed, there are only so many hours in the day and we are only human so delegate if you can and leave the rest til the weekend comes.Pick up newspapers and throw them or recycle.
    Pick up if you aren't doing something else and declutter that helps if you don't have a lot of stuff sitting around try to see if you can get rid of things. That always makes a person feel good if you really don't need it don't keep it. I hope that I have helped a little better. I know it's a struggle everyday for us working moms
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 2:36 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yeah, it's called Hit and Miss ....
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:50 PM on Aug. 5, 2010