My stitches are fallin out!?!!?!?!

Okay Sooooo....
I delivered on 9-22, everything went perfectly normal...
No drugs, no nothin... The only thing is, I was induced... They broke my water an like 4 hours an 4 pushes later my daughter was born...

Okay sooo, the day they released me they were givin me the run down on what to expect, blah blah blah all that stuff... Well they said that I had stitches (I was think, well no sh*t I felt them bein put in dumba**!!), an that they would dissolve an I would even notice them...
Okay well I was using the restroom 2 days ago an saw something odd... It was like 3/4 inch long an black, jus like a stitch...
So my question is: Should I be worried that my stitches are falling out, or is that okay... I'm esp worried cuz they said I wouldn't notice them coming out, but i deff. am!!!
Thank you for any help you can offer

confusedanalone

Asked by confusedanalone at 3:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Are you bleeding extensively (more than a pad an hour)? Are you in unbearable pain? If you answered no to those questions, then you will be fine. I had an episiotomy, too and my stitches dissolved/fell out by themselves. It is normal.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 3:15 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Even dissolvable stitches will sometimes just fall out. Trust me, I've had a million in my face. Sometimes the part that's IN your body dissolves, and the part that's wrapped around the outside just falls off, then.
    Unless you feel like it's tearing back open, or you start bleeding from the tear spot, you're good.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 4:36 AM on Oct. 5, 2008