Bigamy/StepMom Has My Kids

On the today show a lady claims bigamy, he says no, more to come in Court. My question is, the 2nd wife showed pictures of herself w/the kids saying, " Putting My Angels to Bed " saying that and HER ANGELS would you be offended, or in a way happy to know a step mom is treating your kids with love?

MyAngel003

Asked by MyAngel003 at 8:13 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• I am a stepmom, and my children have a stepmom. I would be thrilled if their SM cared enough about them to call them her angels. Who doesn't want a "bonus adult" in their children's lives that will love and protect them?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have "Mom to 2 great kids," as my signature on my cell, and one of them is a step-child. If DH and I split and he had to have another "mother" in my son't life, then yes, I would be happy that the step-mom was treating my son like her own and with love. I wouldn't want my son to have an evil step-mom that treats her kids better than mine.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would be happy. However you mentioned court. If that were a thing I'ld be worried it is just a show for the judges benefit.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Well the ADULT in me would be so glad the my children had another adult who cared about them so much. The mom in me (at this point) would be thinking oh hell no those are MY angels! LOL. But MY silly kids asked me the other day how come I "got" to have two daddies and they only get one!HAHAHA...that led to trying to explain blended families and ended in "if I say they are family just go with it they love you"! So blended families are really complicated and whatever makes them less so is GREAT!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 11:57 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Its a good thing to have a loving step parent, I would want my kids to know that their family loved them, not just me and dad, but everyone. I would be concern if that picture was just a ploy though.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 3:37 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I read about that in this case he just took the kids from the house without telling mom. He takes the kids from her after slapping her in the face with the fact he is married to someone else and trying to have their marriage anulled. I hope the woman gets her kids back and can get some of her life back. Any woman who could be with a man who is already married and help him keep the kids from their mother is trash.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 3:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I feel that if the Dad of my Gr-son who has no Mommy since 19 mos. marries a woman who calls him her Angel I would Love her to death, esp. if she treated him that way. I wouldn't be offended or mad, I'm more worried he will find someone who is the opposite, and I think he has enough to deal with missing his Mommy. I pray all the time if he does get a Step-mom, it's his Angel.
    MyAngel003

Comment by MyAngel003 (original poster) at 4:40 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• See, this is a toughy. I would have to really look at WHY the lady was saying it. If she was saying it because she really did care about my children, then I think I would be ok with it. BUT, if she was doing it just to piss me off or because of some court case (as this seems to be) then I would be livid. And, when it comes to my kids, I can be as violent as a cougar if I think someone is doing something that will result in harm to them.
    At least she's not like my step-mother though. That worhtless woman called the cops on my parents and claimed that I was a prostitute and my dad (adopted) was using me for sex. I was all of 16 at the time and didn't even have a boyfriend (nor had I had sex, lol). Thankfully, the detective wasn't an idiot, so nothing came of it, but still, it's the thought that counts.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010