I have been working my butt off to loose weight I'm stuck........

I started out at 236 and I'm down to 195 and I can't seem to get anymore to go any where. I can only work out at home. I have and extreem fear of the outdoors. Any Ideas would be helpful.

MommyInk2

Asked by MommyInk2 at 8:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I eat an Access bar 15 minutes before I work out ( any type - housework, walking, Wii, the gym...) it is a natural product that actually burns stored fat instead of glucose - I love them - they taste great and the weight is coming off :-D
    Dew1

Answer by Dew1 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• Order the Zumba workout video. You burn like 1000cal per 1hr workout. I wish I had the discipline! I got the video and love it, but just haven't gotten around to using it in a while. But, if you are dedicated, it's definitely worth the money.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:22 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Keep doing what you are doing with maybe a change in routine, everyone gets in a weight slump, consistency will break it!

Answer by older at 8:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• congrats!!! Im trying to lose weight but have only managed to lose 9lbs in 7months!! Its very hard to stay motivated.(225-216lbs) Maybe its time to step up your "game"

(website for plateau breaking ideas)

Best of Luck!!! :)

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Use a diabetic exchange diet, and be really strict with measuring your portions. I lost 52 lbs. in 6 mos. that way, without exercise! (though when I finally did add exercise, my sugar level went down to almost normal!) Get a Wii fit program & work at home in front of your TV.
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 8:51 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I find when I hit a plateau, I have to ramp up my workouts or switch them up. I know you said you hate the outdoors, but running helps me break through. High Intensity Interval Training is another great method--google it if you're unfamiliar with the concept--it's something that kicks my butt and helps me get to the next level in fitness. Are you doing any weight lifting? Making sure you're building muscle is very important, since building muscle will help you burn more calories even when your body is at rest.
    Check your diet too--any unnecessary calories you can cut out? For example, something I did recently was to stop using Vanilla flavored powdered creamer in my coffee. I loved it, it was delicious, but it was adding a few hundred extra calories per week that held absolutely no nutritional value. If you've got stuff like that you can eliminate, it would help. Good luck, don't give up!!!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Zig zag your calories. You're metabolism will learn to function(slow down) on whatever level you're giving it if you are consistently eating at that level. Instead of calories per day figure out your calories per week then break that down into different amounts per day(1000 one day, 2100 the next, 900 the day after that kinda deal). It keeps your system from adjusting to X amount of calories per day.

desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• are you counting calories?
    maybe try keeping a food diary.
    eat clean!

we were told to eat lower calories for two weeks, then bump it up by a couple hundred a day for two weeks..

there is calorie cycling, were the lowest you eat is 1200 and you alternate it each day by at least 200-300 calories. you're ever supposed to go below 1200 though. you are supposed to find out how many calories you need per week (based on your stats and goals) and split it up over the week.

as far as exercise, try the wii.
    or jillian michaels' 30 day shred or yoga meltdown.
    you can buy resistance bands, weights etc if you like.
    there are videos on youtube and most fitness sites.
    you can also use household objects as weights.

good luck!
    i seemed to be stuck in the lower 190's for a long time.

mckomet

Answer by mckomet at 1:07 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• thanks a buch I'll look into it.
    MommyInk2

Comment by MommyInk2 (original poster) at 8:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You ladies have been great. I'll try out some of the things said and look into a wii.
    MommyInk2

Comment by MommyInk2 (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2010