• In the Spotlight:

Diarrhea???

My son is 2 months old and he has had some runny stools over the past few days. Some will be solid and the rest will be like water. Have any of you had this happen? I plan to call the doctor first thing Monday morning but just wanted other opinions.

its_mrs.valdez

Asked by its_mrs.valdez at 3:09 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The answer I give is only by experience. My LO had watery poops for 3 days, I switched her formula and that didnt work. I added 1 teaspoon of baby rice to her formula and 2 days later I got mushy poop. Wahlah! its been good ever since!
    lovinsophie

Answer by lovinsophie at 12:42 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• To me, that sounds like he's got an impaction somewhere. If there's solid stuff and mostly water, it's because the water is the only thing that can get around the solid stuff until it passes. Prune juice or pear juice for now, and call the doc on Monday.
    BabyCatchinMama

Answer by BabyCatchinMama at 1:52 PM on Oct. 5, 2008