For those of you that work outside of the home, what do you do and do you like your job?

I'm an HR Director and I LOVE my job! I think I love it more because of where I work, a non-profit, private special education school. Our teachers and paraprofessionals are so dedicated and I think they're all amazing and I truly feel honored to try to make our school a great place for them to work. I try to provide great benefits, some of them are pretty unique too, like we have a reflexologist that goes to the school and sets up a massage table in room and gives 1/2 hour treatments to employees during the work day once a month.

FeelinYummy

Asked by FeelinYummy at 8:23 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'm a computer programmer/analyst. I love my job!
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 8:47 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I nanny and work at the family tax firm doing taxes. I like the nanny job because it keeps my son out of daycare and I get to raise him and watch him grow. I like working at the family business because I have SO much flexibility.
    JGRIMMER

Answer by JGRIMMER at 8:28 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I am an nicu nurse. I love my job.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I am a part-time library clerk and work nights so our son doesn't need daycare. I love it - I work with my friends, make great money, and have no job stress. I am incredibly lucky!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:48 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I am a cafeteria manager at a Elementary school and I love my job. I get all holiday's weekends and summers off.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:40 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I don't work now, but when I did it was usually in Banking. I was a teller for many years & I loved it. I enjoyed meeting the people. The 1 bad event was being robbed at gun point after only 6 months. Eventually after3 kids I went to a Bank as a Cust. Serv Rep & at 1st liked it, I worked nites, while hubby babysat, I clld it my R&R. Eventually I went to Billy Disp Dept so the Calls got a little nastier and harder to handle so I started to enjoy the job less. Next was Billing Disputes by correspondence and calling ALL customers we could NOT help. Well after 18 years at this job I finally couldn't handle the public cursing, screaiming, yelling, calling me names when I was there to HELP them. So I finally retired. The Bank was a VERY GOOD BANK to work for, and well known, good to the empoyees Great benefits, fitness center, hair salon, baby sitting, etc. but way too stressful.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I taught fitness to older people and line dancing at the college. I loved the job until new brooms decided to sweep.

Answer by Bmat at 8:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I manage a mental health group home.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 9:09 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Before we started our business, I worked outside the home doing inside sales. It was highly stressful.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:07 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I do both, been self employed (at home) as a draftsman for almost 20 years, I love the flexibilty but am getting tired of the same-ol-same-ol thing. I also work outside the home as a parttime shovelbum(archaeologist assistant), love that job, although manual labor is really hard some days so lab work is eaiser on the body.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 12:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010