What do you do when your marriage is over? adult content

Has anyone else been in this situation, find out your husband has been having internet affairs?? He said that he stopped because he loves me, how can I even believe that crap when he's lied to me about it for a year & 1/2 ?! And the way I found out about it - the sheriff came to the house because he apparently had some webcam thing going on with a 16 year old girl!!! It makes me sick to my stomach that he did that. I never expected that from him and it just disgusts me. When I kicked him out he had the nerve to say to me 'if you really loved me you would try to work it out'

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• He is a scumbag, what do you do? start over again with hopes of finding your soul mate.

Answer by older at 8:28 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm sorry but maybe there COULD HAVE been a way for you guys to work things out, but the fact that one of these girls was 16 is a total deal breaker for me! That is just sickening. You need to drop this pedophile and move on with your life. There's plenty of fish in the sea =)
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 8:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• start over, first get over this whole thing and it will take time, lots of time. reconnect with old friends, meet new ones, enjoy your new life. don't take him back, this is sick and he will never change! i had a bf like that...what a waste of my time.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• What do you do? Hold your head up high move on with your life and don't give him a 2nd thought. I personally think that too many men are watching too much porn then I get on here & that's all I read. What ever happened to just being with your wife/husband for sexual pleasure nowadays people think they have to have more then what is actually needed. Take some time to breath and get your life in order and Mr. Right will show up just don't jump into any relationship again to soon.
    He's a sick, sick man!
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I've never been in your position but I think I would give him the option of getting counseling while remaining separated. If he really wants to work things out with you, I would give him the opportunity to prove it. Part of the deal would be that he could not have internet access at all, that he would get counseling from the place of my choice(There are some excellent choices for this kind of help), and that he would have to keep himself clean for whatever period of time you choose. I would not accept anything less than one year. A part of marriage is in the "for better, for worse" and I think that includes being willing to help your spouse overcome the things that would destroy him, as this thing surely will do if it's left unattended. That does not mean that you have to roll over and play dead. BOUNDARIES IN MARRIAGE by Drs. Henry Cloud and John Townsend is a wonderful help for women like you. I would give him a chance!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Wait, did he know she was 16 or did she lie & say she was older? That answer would determine how I would proceed & I'd talk to her too, not just him. Would also talk to the police for details like what were they doing?
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 8:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• First ((((HUGS)))) this must be the hardest thing second he is deflecting his guilt onto you by using things like if you love me you would work this out I would have said at that point if you loved me you would have stopped that. He sounds like he does not care what he has done to you or is not sorry. I would set goals and start figuring out about your own life. I would also talk to someone and figure out how you feel and to be able to move on. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:53 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Ya it doesn't matter if he knew she was 16 or thought she was 18. IT IS WRONG that he was even doing it, the sluts age is just the icing on the cake.
    Throw a drink in his face.
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Simple leave him.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Sounds over to me. If he carried on like that for a year and a half and you didn't know it, what else has he been up to? If he loved YOU, he never would have been doing that in the first place.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:53 AM on Aug. 5, 2010