Are you ready or not ready for back to school?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 8:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No and I'm freaking. Even when I was in school I was insistent on getting the basics a month ahead. I haven't gotten any thing yet for dd.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yeah I think we both are. Here in our upstate NY town school starts on Thursday Sept 9th
    justgrape723

Answer by justgrape723 at 8:28 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My children are out of school, and my grandchildren are home schooled. School started where I live on Tues. Yesterday it was 103 degrees here. Our school busses are not air-conditioned and some children have to be on them for an hour or more. I think it is silly to start school this early. It used to be that school started after Labor Day and was always out by Memorial Day. Now they are starting earlier and getting out later, and the children seem to be learning less. What's wrong with this picture???
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:33 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• We start Sept. 1 and I am so not ready for my kids to go back but I think they are...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 8:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I am not ready as that means I have to go back to work then since I work for the schools. My dd is optional and they started on July 22nd and she wasn't ready but here we go.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 8:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• BOTH, lol.............I'm ready for my daughters' to go back, but I don't want to since I work in their school, lol...............
    cfh72

Answer by cfh72 at 8:40 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Not- after twenty years of homeschooling, this will be my first September with no students at home. Gonna really really miss it!
    mamahobbit

Answer by mamahobbit at 8:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I hope so...my son started yesterday. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Sooo ready. LOL Ok I do need to get a couple more things. They start on the 23rd here and need clear or mesh backpacks. Just waitinig on payday to get here.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:51 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i'm so ready for school to start back... my son's school starts tomorrow....YAH!! i still need to get some school supplies for him but i won't know what to get till he gets home from school tomorrow.
    shorty13417

Answer by shorty13417 at 8:57 AM on Aug. 5, 2010