For moms who work while their kids are in school.

What kind of job do you have and what do you do if your kid is sick and can't go to school or if the school calls and says you have to pick up your kid because they're sick?

jreneei

Asked by jreneei at 8:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in

• I'm an office manager. My company will allow my daughter to come hang out with me and sleep on the couch here if shes sick. If I have to go pick one of them up sick, I just go. I have a really flexiable and understanding G.M.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:00 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm a computer programmer/analyst. If one of my kids is sick, either my husband or I will pick them up/stay home with them. I can work from home, so I tend to stay with them more often than he does.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:09 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I worked as an AdminAsst in a retail store in my neighborhood. My boss was the District Manager and he was out on the road. I had my own office and worked from 9-3. If the kids were off, I went in to the office in the evening. During the summer I worked evenings and weekends... It was the best job! When my little one was born my boss didn't want to lose me so we made a deal and I went in to the office for a couple hours on two days and worked very early on Saturdays and I worked Sundays. I did 30 hours of work in 12. Many times there was a little peep in a stroller next to my desk! :) Sadly, our location was closed and my office was moved across town. I took the severance package...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I am a Coordinator at a large factory. If my son is sick, either myself or my husband will stay home with him or pick him up and then stay home with him.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm an office manager. If my children were sick, I left and picked them up. We always had a back-up sitter plan for extended days off. During the summer we hired a full-time babysitter.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 2:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I used to own my own business so my kids could just come to work with me.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:16 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• When I worked, my husband stayed home, so it didn't matter if they were sick. They were covered.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:48 PM on Aug. 8, 2010