does your hubby/so w/e compliment you?

he never compliments me now. he compliments my cooking, but well..if i had to choose complimenting my pork roast or me...i would pick me. He does not say anything encouraging or positive honestly. The only positive thing was a month ago out of no where he said "no matter what you have to put up with with me, you always stick by my side, your my support system even when i give you B.S and i need that" which made my day and all but that is all i've gotten..in months.He is not a big talker or mr.sensitive by nature but it would be nice to get a positive word here or their. Yes I compliment the crap out of him and encourage/support. Anyone else have a hubby like this? How do you deal? I told him once that I would appreciate hearing something nice every once in awhile,he said "dually noted" that was 2 weeks ago

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 8:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Mine doesn't. He says being with me is compliment enough! lol He's not a big talker. Would I like a compliment? yes Will I get one? Not probable but it's always possible. I won't let it bother me though.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Mine compliments me regularly, but he is also very sappy and emotional, lol. Have you sat down with him and had a real heart-heart about this? Or was it just a comment while doing something else? I would sit down without any other distractions and MAKE SURE that he understands your needs. Don't expect him to be a mind reader. Men (and women) can be thick. Sometimes you have to spell it out for them multiple times!
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 9:03 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• nope mine hasnt in a long time either and its really depressing. i'm sick of it. The freaking cats get more attention than i do. all i hear all day is "oh shelby baby, you so pretty"..and he even pets her.. he never pets me or tells me i'm pretty. I know i sound like a child but i am freakin jealous. I guess we both have issues
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:03 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Mine compliments me ALL the time. But, we each went through our own abusive marriages. So, we appreciate each other so much more. We make sure to tell each other how much we love and appreciate the other. So, yes, compliments are plentiful in our relationship.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 9:04 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• only when its payday or he wants me to pay for dinner.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:07 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• first poster...he told me once "i married you didnt I? isnt that enough to compliment a woman?" the thing is im not insecure, i dont NEED themto make myself feel good but i want them because well...he's not scared to say something negative when he does not like something, he doesnt give any positive. i feel like if he can give one side of the coin, he should give the other.
    moki1984

Comment by moki1984 (original poster) at 9:09 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• my hubby is the same exact way and I've had issues for the past 5 years. I compliment the hell out of him and am always encouraging him and supporting him, but it's like he just doesn't have it in him. It is very rare and random that he compliments me, and it's usually a "you look hot today" if anything. He has never really been one to doll out the compliments though, I think that's what attracted me to him actually, he was like the only guy that was trying to get involved with me that didn't have some mushy or perverted thing to say about me all the time lol. I've just come to terms with this is who he is, either I take it or leave it. And I choose to take it lol.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 9:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yeah right...its been 5 years since I have got a compliment. He doesn't compliment cooking, or cleaning projects, or me in general. I don't really care all that much. If he didn't appreciate me, he wouldn't be here. We hardly ever see each other as we both work full time but different shifts so usually one of us is at work or sleeping.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm pretty lucky. I wake up to "good morning beautiful" every single day. He tells me how beautiful/sexy/smart I am all the time - and I tell him the same. I know that there are some men who have those thoughts and just don't express them, I'm thankful that my DH isn't one of them though.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes, he does. He goes through spells where he does more often, but he compliments me a lot. It's nice, I'm lucky.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:52 AM on Aug. 5, 2010