Would you stay?

If you SO had made it clear he doesn't want to get married or have anymore children, but you do, would you stay? Because I know that if I leave I will be going back to a different state, which is clear across the country. But I would be taking our son with me, because I would have more help when it came to someone babysitting my son when I found work. But even if the guy was good to you and you loved him, would you stay?

Cappy1979

Asked by Cappy1979 at 9:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• If you are seriously happy with him.. then yes, I personally would stay.
    Some ppl just really don't believe in marriage.. but he may still love you.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:09 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Tough one. If you love him and he is good to you, then it would be really hard to leave. But a woman's desire to have more kids can definitely be the deal breaker. Not sure what I would do... Good luck:)
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:10 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I stayed only you can decide what you want and if having more kids is not going to happen only you can know if you can live with this? I found I wanted another child and I waited now I might have to leave to make it happen. I would sit down find out what you want and do it. GL Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• if it was the childs father yes...if not, then no.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes I would stay. Why is having another child more important than being happy? Also...how important is marriage to you? I personally don't care one bit if I am married or not. We only did the deed for tax purposes as it is another 5k a year.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Only you can really answer that question. If your relationship is solid, you're happy - I think I would stay. If I felt strung along, used, etc. I think I would leave.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I guess it just depends on your happiness.
    If you want to be married
    If you want more children
    If you are unhappy, then leave
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm not in to marriage so yeah I'd stay if I was happy. I don't need a piece of paper to stay.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Getting married and having children are 2 MAJOR factors in a relationship. If we did not agree on those major factors then no, I would not stick around. We obviously do not want the same things and I am not going to be miserable forever because I want what he won't give me.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• it totally depends on what you want from life and a relationship. if it is acceptable to you - if you are not sacrificing your own wants and needs to not have another child and not get married, then it's fine... if you are feeling like society thinks marriage and more kids is what should be happening and that's why you're questioning, just get over it. however, if you truly deep down inside want a marriage and more children, then you need to leave. if he is asking you to compromise your dreams, it's not worth it. your opinions are just as important as his... your happiness is solely within your control and you must demand it and pursue it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 1:43 PM on Aug. 5, 2010