Public Assist. DHS..

Does anyone know if you are getting your rent paid..does that go on your cash benifits? (My Worker never calls me back so I can't ask him these questions) and does anyone know how much rent they pay? whats the maximum they pay? and if they pay your rent will they pay utilitys also?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• If you are asking about living in a building which is income based, then I have lived in one of those before and they calculated my pay with the rent they charged and ended up paying my rent for me and giving me a small check of like $90 a month or so to help pay for utilities. I was a single mom at the time and working as hard as I could, but just couldn't cover everything.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 9:16 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Sec 8 is separate from cash benefits.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm sure how much is paid and what is covered would vary from state to state.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2010