Auto Insurance

Does anyone have auto insurance they are happy with? I have Citizens and they've been great. I've had one claim but they were really fast at processing it. Problem is they are getting really expensive.

I'm thinking of switching to Allstate, but I haven't heard good things about it. I'm willing to pay more to have insurance that is there when I need it but citizens prices are getting too high.

RyansMom001

Asked by RyansMom001 at 9:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I switched to Allstate 5 years ago when Statefarm kept going up. Never had an accident or anything with Statefarm, they just got higher and higher. Anyways, i like Allstate because f the accident forgiveness and such, but when my DH turns 25 were looking at other options because i think we pay too much. Don't get me wrong, they are really nice people. They just repalced our whole roof under house insurance side, but we pay almost $100/month for a pt cruiser and i am wondering if we could do better. It used to be $85 until they added uninsured motorists thing that was mandatory. Anyways, i hope this helps.
    Momofboys22

Answer by Momofboys22 at 9:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have state farm and love them. I don't know if it's just the company or the specific office. I may be leaning towards loving the office I use. It's a good 45 minutes from my home, but when we moved here, I didn't switch because I liked them too much.
    Every 6 months, our monthly payments go down for save driver discounts (at least $10 or more less each time).
    I only needed to file one claim, when I was rearended a few years ago and they took care of everything and took care of it fast.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:18 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have State Farm. I haven't had an accident or a ticket in 20 years. I have a fully insured 2002 Monte Carlo SS and it cost me $354 a year. My husband has a fully insured 2007 Silverado and it costs $389 a year. We have a car in our garage that is in a state of restoration (which means it hasn't been touched in 20 years) and we pay $8 a year for fire/theft. We get discounts because we have a multi-line (they also insure our house), multi-car, safe drivers, security and safety (alarms and airbags) and we have low mileage. Both vehicles are driven less than 7800 miles a year. My 2002 only has 20,000 and I've had it since it was new.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:19 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have Farm Bureau. They are awesome! And the best "bang for your buck." I was paying over $1000 a year for State Farm and then the same for Progressive and Allstate. And that was only 1 car - my 2000 Ford Windstar. Now we have 2 cars, and full coverage (better coverage than any of the previous plans with the other insurance companies - MUCH higher payouts and a lower deductible) for just under $600 a year. I will never go back to any other insurance company again, most are just out to screw you over (State Farm was the WORST for claims - my in-laws switched after fighting with State Farm for over a year about a claim) and keep as much money as they could and pay out as little as possible.
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 9:26 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• We have State Farm. Just over $100/month for full coverage on 3 vehicles and varied partial coverages on another 4 (which includes a 4-wheeler). We've only had 1 claim (hail damage) and they were great - the insurance adjuster was out the next day, and we had our money a week later. Had a couple of other "incidents" (I locked my keys in my old vehicle a couple of times), and I just brought my locksmith bill in and got reimbursed immediately (it's covered but doesn't affect our premium). There is no way I'll ever switch. Our rates have never gone up, unless we got a vehicle that just naturally had higher costs - but when we get a lower cost vehicle it goes down (mini-vans cost more to insure than SUVs!). Love State Farm!
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• We have Shelter for all of our vehicles and our home. We switched from progressive and save $1300 a year on homeowners insurance and $176 each month on our 3 cars.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• That's how I feel momof3 that why I'm nervous about switching, you don't know how good they are until you need them.

RyansMom001

Comment by RyansMom001 (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Aug. 5, 2010