help asap with immunization waiver form!!!

Does any one know if in the state of Mi you have to go to the health dept for a meeting before you can get a waiver form to send into the school in which your children will be attending? I printed one off line this year for my daughter who is enrolled in kindergarten and that school accepted it. My sister in law however is being told she has to have one stamped by the health dept otherwise it is invalid and the school will not accept her waiver form. Help please!!! She would like to avoid filling out their form as it can be misleading and and to drag her children down there!

mommyqua

Asked by mommyqua at 9:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• As far as I know it has to be stamped in MI. She could call the health dept or children's medical services and ask. Good luck!
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 9:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• She does not need to take the child(ren) with her.

All states are different, but most require either A) DHEC seal/signature B) The form to be notarized (which you can do for free at your bank)

Going to the health department and getting the form does not require a "meeting", nothing is discussed or decided- you request the form, fill it out, and they certify it. It is filed into their records, and then you take your copy to the school... Nothing misleading about it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:28 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• check out www.909shot.com they may be able to answer your question.
    stressedmomma13

Answer by stressedmomma13 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I honestly do not have the answers you need. I wish I did. But I would suggest that you check out the Choosing Not To Vaccinate group, there have to be moms in there from your state who would have experience with this.

I did want to thank you however for being willing to step outside the norm for the best of your kids and for not being afraid to admit it even on a site where this tends to be a hot button issue...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:54 PM on Aug. 5, 2010