If this is your 2nd or more pregnancy has your hubby or S/O gone to each appt like the first time around?

With my first my husband went to every single appt. This time around he has only gone to the first one, the first time we heard the hearbeat and when we found our babys gender.

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 9:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Mine went with me to every appointment for the first pregnancy. This time, I've only asked him to come with me to the important ones. The very first one, the ultrasound, and he'll be coming with me every once-a-week appointment in the very end. If he wanted to go he could have, but I didn't make it seem like he HAD to. It didn't matter one way or the other, since I know what to expect this time around :)
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 12:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Mine didn't go to many with me the first time, and none the second time. We weren't married then and we weren't together during my pregnancies. Is he working or does he just choose not to go?
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No but it's more because I get him to mind our son while I go to my appointment. I don't really mind
    louLT

Answer by louLT at 9:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• DH didn't go to any appt with me with our first daughter, I think just the fact that I was pregnant kinda freaked him out a little. We were young it was our first, you know how that goes.

With this one, both he and my daughter are so excited. Unfortunately DH doesn't have a job atm so he has been going to every dr appt with me, which has been really nice. I like it..... I would like it even more if he had a job, lol
    jking48444

Answer by jking48444 at 9:47 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yeah it was that way for us. Usually because I would have him stay home with the baby (or babies) when I went, or he was at work. Honestly I didn't like having him there cause all he would do is complain about how long we were waiting lol! If it bothers you that he doesn't go then tell him or ask him to go :)
    KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 9:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My husband went to most of our routine appointments the first time, except when he was working, but the 2nd pregnancy, he only went to the "big" appointments--heartbeat, ultrasound, etc. I was totally okay with that since he was at work; I really wanted him with me the first pregnancy, but the 2nd time around I already knew the drill so I was okay going alone.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:01 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My husband and I have 2. The first one he didn't go until the 20 week ultrasound then started going to each one after that. The 2nd one he only went to the 20 week ultrasound.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 10:03 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My husband went to all but the last 2 appointments with our first. He didn't go to the last 2 because he was an intern and in college, so he wanted to get as much work done as possible to he didn't stress about anything other than me and the baby when it came time. We aren't pregnant with #2 yet, but I'm planning on him not coming to all the appointments, mainly because I'm a sahm and he's a self-employed contractor that doesn't get paid for time he takes off. Unless he feels differently, I'll probably only have him come to the big ones, like the heartbeat and if we decided to find out, the gender ultrasound.
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My youngest is my DH and my only child, he went to as many appointments as he could - but he had to work too, you know? I was at the docs all of the time because of complications, I didn't expect him to go to any appointments except the U/S ones. (We had a fetal monitor at home, so we listened to baby's heartbeat together every day.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:31 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• With our first dh was at boot camp during the entire pregnancy pretty much, only was able to go to 2 appointments.
    But with this pregnancy he has been to every single appointment :) we just schedule them on his days off. But I also do don't drive so he is my transportation lol
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 5, 2010