What should I do for my skin to look better/clearer? (combination skin)

louLT

Asked by louLT at 9:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Try a nightly cleanse Mary Kay has a very good one. Olay has a good one as well.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My girls used that Proactive stuff and had good results with it. It's kind of pricey, though, I think.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:47 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I foam cleanser works best for me, as well as regular moisturizing, drinking lots of water, and avoiding greasy foods.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have combination skin as well. I alternate cleansers between Cetaphil and Neutrogena depending on the weather and whether my face has been oilier or dryer. Also, everyday or every other day, I use a mix of 3 parts baking soda mixed with one part water as an exfoliater. I notice it helps to even out my skin tone and dry up any blemishes I may have! Nice and inexpensive tool. I don't use the baking soda when my face has been on the dry side though.
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I use Garnier detoxifying gel cleanser. I found that it is what you put on after that really counts. Now, I'm 44 so if you are a youngin' this might not work for you, but I use DermaSilk 5 minute face lift. Its active ingredient kills bacteria, besides making your pores smaller and my skin has never looked better! I will also vouch for Mary Kay, as I used to sell it and because it works awesome!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 9:50 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• KTMOM also has a good point. Lots and lots of water and very little soda if you must have it. I notice when I start drinking soda after a hiatus and not eating as well, my face starts breaking out quite a bit again.
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 9:50 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Ah baking soda really is a miracle product, I will try it! Thanks for all the product names :), WoodWitch I am 30 and have combination skin as well as a few "expression lines/wrinkles" whatever especially on my forehead, hmm
    louLT

Comment by louLT (original poster) at 10:10 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I can't say enough for Skinplicity's regimens!! My niece first introduced them to me and they have been the best thing for my skin yet!

SabrinaBean

Answer by SabrinaBean at 11:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• foaming cleanser, and a toner..

clay based masks are nice too..

see a facialist they can give you a full list of everything you need
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:00 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have combo skin and I swear by Bio Elements. You can find it on the web, don't let the price fool you, it last a long time. They have skin concern quiz you can take and it will give you the best products for the results you are looking for. Within 3 months of using the products, my skin had improved 100%.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 2:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2010