Has anyone taken accutane (Roaccutane)?and did the spots come back?

louLT

Asked by louLT at 9:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I just saw a warning on tv about taking accutane. I also know that it can cause serious birth defects, so be very careful about taking it!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Hi there NannyB, yes it does cause birth defects and must not be taken during pregnancy or even 1 month before you are planning to conceive (that's what it said on packet) I took it long before I fell pregnant.
    louLT

Comment by louLT (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I didn't take it, but my best friend did. She struggled with acne for a long time. After taking accutane, her skin is flawless and has remained so throughout the years. However, she does have IBS problems now.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 11:20 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• If you are looking for acne treatment while you are pregnant- I use Skinplicity's acne regimen. It keeps my skin as clear because it is a medicated face wash, gel and moisturizer. I definitely think it is the best product I've ever use AND no potential harm for your little one : )

http://www.skinplicityskin.com/regimens/medicated-acne-normal-skin
    Chloeek86

Answer by Chloeek86 at 12:11 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was on it when I was 16. It worked great!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:26 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Thank you for all your answers :)
    louLT

Comment by louLT (original poster) at 4:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2010