Help! I'm Allergic To DH! adult content

well, not quite, but close....

I'm allergic to my dh's deodorant soap. I ended up with duck lips and a rash after night time activity. (TMI) not fun.

Anyway, my dh says he needs a deodorant soap because he sweats so bad. I feel for him, but at the same time I don't want to have to worry that everytime I touch him I'm gonna be sick, scratching and swollen.

Any suggestions? Does anyone have a recommendation for a deodorant soap that is hypoallergenic?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Health

• I don't know what you are using, but AXE is my fav. It is all I buy for dh.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• uumm...sweaty or broke out wife? he needs to get his prioritis straight, at least until you find something that works...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• If he showers daily,a deodorant soap is not necessary. They don't have the ingredients that an underarm deodorant has if thats his thinking. They just have more perfume to cover the odor.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• So you just now found out you have this allergy and you've been with him long enough to be married to him? Surely he's used something in all this time that didn't affect you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• He needs to shower with plain soap at night and then shower with the deodorant soap in the morning before work.
    jreneei

Answer by jreneei at 10:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Anon,allegies can pop up out of nowhere.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Quote:
    So you just now found out you have this allergy and you've been with him long enough to be married to him? Surely he's used something in all this time that didn't affect you.

He switched to Axe recently. Before that he was just using the same soap I buy for myself. I don't remember what he used before me, been married 18 yrs. He's been complaining alot lately about sweating a lot that's why he switched. He also thought I might like the smell of the new stuff. I was kinda hoping someone would know what I could do to meet both our needs. His sweat and my allergies. :-)
    Anonymous5

Answer by Anonymous5 at 10:17 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• OK well Old spice is a good one for sweet. Dial, OH I know a whole bunch more just can't think, um dove is one. I'll come back later, when I can think clearer.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:28 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• OH you know what OP it could just be the type of AXE to. They all have different ingredients. I brake out to that yellow one, but essence the blue one I have no issue with.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• The only soaps that are truly hyperallergenic are the ones that don't have any perfumes at all. The only soap I can use is Ivory. Anything else irritates my skin.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2010