has anyone else experienced a complete change in their menstrual cycle after having children? adult content

I always had a very predictable period and it went right back to normal after my first and second kids. Third pregnancy I had twins and ended up having a D&C two weeks after delivery. It has been over two years and i have still not had a real period. I "spot" monthly, and by that I mean there is a little something when I wipe. Before the the twins I always had the full blown seven day period. Has anyone else experienced such a complete change in your cycle. And does not really having bleeding mean that I can't get pregnant? The dr could care less since I have SOMEthing once a month.

jreneei

Asked by jreneei at 10:08 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Health

• If you google chiropractic and fertility you'll find loads on the subject. I guess something gets misaligned. When I went I actually went for my neck and after getting 2 adjustments for that I got my period and every time after that I was back to my before kids cycle. I told my chiro and she said she hears that a lot. So that's when I googled it. pretty cool! http://fertility.amuchbetterway.com/trying-to-conceive-visit-chiropractor/

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:44 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Before getting pregnant: I was irregular. Id go 3-6mo without a period & they would only last 3 days at a time & when i did cramps were HORRID!!! . Thats why i didnt know i was pregnant until almost 4mo along!
    Gave Birth & didnt have a period for 2 yrs (literally had my 1st period on dd 2nd bday) because of breastfeeding.
    Once I had my first period they have came like clockwork pretty much.. and i only cramp a little bit..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• After my son was born,I went from a 7-10 day cycle to a 5 day one. yes,you can still get pregnant even if you don't have a full period. This is in the same thread that menopausal women thinking they can't get pregnant because they haven't had a period for awhile.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:11 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think it is normal to have some change. I went from 5-8 days to only 3-days of bleeding, that was grea, but after a year it went back to normal :P
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:14 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was predictable before and after my first baby was born. After my second baby was born my cycle changed. Not drastically but it shortened and now I'm even more careful about my ovulation. Don't want any surprises. I asked my doctor about it and he said it's normal to have a cycle change after children. But in your case, I'd consider a second opinon. Your doctor should at least care.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:24 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes. When I had my first child my cycle changed. Then with my second it changed again.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• yes, but get yourself to a chiropractor. I did that when my cycles were all strange and after 1 or 2 adjustments I was back to being regular. If you are breastfeeding cycles can be extra wonky
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• MY CYCLE IS STILL THE SAME. I SEE KNOW DIFFERENCE.
    BUTTAH427

Answer by BUTTAH427 at 10:29 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Your cycle also changes as you get older, usually becoming lighter unless you have other issues. So maybe this is what you are experiencing. I know that mine has gotten a lot lighter and is shorter (thank goodness) than it used to be when I was in my 20's.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 11:51 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm only 27 btw. And only bfed the twins for 3 months. @ Lynette. How can a chiropractor help?
    jreneei

Comment by jreneei (original poster) at 11:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2010