Poopin at night! Potty training question.

My daughter turned two last month and she has been completely and totally 100% day time potty trained for a little over a month. She never has an accident, its great. Night time and nap time she still wears a diaper because she still piddles a bit, which isnt a biggie, I know she will grow out of that, but the biggest issue is she will hold her poop until shes sleeping and then go. She seems scared to poop on the potty which I know can be normal. I have tried rewards and all that stuff but nothing seems to be working. I need advice of any kind to get her to poop on the potty. She has pooped on there atleast a dozen times but she is not consistent at all. so I know she can do it. Is this something she will grow out of? Should I do something different? I just dont know how to get her to go on a regular basis and not be scared of it. Thanks in advance!

Amanduhpanda

Asked by Amanduhpanda at 10:10 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It sounds kind of eww, but go with her. My girl was having trouble pooping in the potty, and wouldn't do it for the first few days of training. So, we went in together and she pooped in her potty and I did in the real toilet. After that, she didn't have any pooping accidents. The next two or three times she wanted me in there on the toilet with her, then just in the bathroom, but after a week, she was pooping all by herself.
    Also, tell her that if she can go a week of no accidents (pee or poop) then she can pick out a new pack of panties, any kind she wants.
    Good Luck!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:12 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• my oldest had that fear too so I would put a pull up on him when he wanted to poop. And then ask him to poop in it while sitting on the potty. He did this for awhile. Then one time he asked for his pull up. I told him I had to look for it and to sit on the potty till I got it to wait. I took my time! He pooped while waiting for me and from then on he had no problem going on the potty. Do you have a kid potty seat for her to sit on that has handles? That may make her feel more secure.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:21 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I agree with Kiwsimommy19, just take her in when you are going poo so that she gets the idea and that there isn't anything to be afraid of.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:47 AM on Aug. 5, 2010