i kinda dont know what im asking but my pelvis...

my pelvis KILLS ME... im 5 months pregnant, and i wake up every morning in tears because my pelvis feels like its about to cave in.. i know our pelvis gets bigger to prep itself for child birth, but at my first appointment my doctor said i have a VERY VERY small pelvis. Im in PAIN absolute PAIN... sitting doesnt help, i prop myself up and put pillows between my legs and stuff but i still hurt.... what can i do t help this other than tylenol or something? And do you think i should stop going to the gym and using like the treadmill and eliptical sp? do you think it might make it worse?? im going t tell the doctor on mon, i have an appt then, but in the meantime i really need some input because this is VERY horrible. Thanks Ladies!

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 4:01 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I kind of know what you are going through. I saw a chiropractor for the first time about three weeks ago because of similar pain. I was told to stay off the elliptical machine! Apparently, we are releasing a hormone called relaxin into our body which relaxes tendons and our bones can shift around easily. The elliptical makes our hips and pelvis rotate and causes pain. Apparently, a treadmill is just fine.

After stopping the elliptical my pain diminished drastically. I was also told a warm heating pad (not hot) will reduce inflammation. I do that as well.

girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I don't know how to help you but i went through the same thing with my first pregnancy. i would wake up and cry cause i couldn't move it took like 15 min. to be albe to get up and i had my B/F walk me to the bath room. the pillows did nothing. If you figure anything out let me know cause im really scared to go through that again with this one. I think htat was the worst part of being preg.
    BabyGsMaMa13

Answer by BabyGsMaMa13 at 4:16 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I have heard that you can see a chiropractor to help with the pain. Unfortunately my OB won't refer me to a chiropractor and I'm on medicaid, so I can't go on my own. I feel your pain... literally.
    momma_roo

Answer by momma_roo at 7:58 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Incase you didn't know. the "too small pelvis" routine is really a lie to encourage you into a c-section because it is easier for them. It is only something American doctors say, you'll never hear of a women who was using a midwife or having her baby in another country say this. Uness you had rickets as a child, a real case of CPD or have broken your pelvis then I would look more into natural childbirth because you're being lied to.
    Forget-me-not

Answer by Forget-me-not at 9:27 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• im not having a c-section i have already decided this unless it is needed because of a problem with me or the baby. and i was told before i was pregnant that i have a small pelvis to....
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:38 PM on Oct. 5, 2008