President Obama restores rank of Viet Nam vet, thoughts?

WASHINGTON – More than 30 years after his death, an Air Force general has been exonerated of charges that he violated presidential restrictions on aerial bombing during the Vietnam War and that he ordered the falsification of records to conceal the missions.

John D. Lavelle was forced to retire in April 1972 at the rank of major general — two stars below the rank he held as commander of air operations in Vietnam — after being relieved of duty for ordering unauthorized airstrikes against North Vietnamese military targets.

He maintained his innocence during congressional hearings held after his dismissal.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100805/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_us_vietnam_general

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:28 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Viet Nam vets were ordered to lie about much of what went on there---my dad and uncle were there--dad on the ground, uncle as a pilot--both haunted by their orders. I am glad he has had his rank restored.
    Youngwifey2

Answer by Youngwifey2 at 12:23 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Good for him! I like it!
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 11:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• et Nam vets were ordered to lie about much of what went on there---my dad and uncle were there--dad on the ground, uncle as a pilot--both haunted by their orders. I am glad he has had his rank restored.

Have 2 uncles that were there, once was paralyzed the other is just .....affected but will never say it.

Whoever the coward is that voted thses women down your a nasty bitch

sweet-a-kins

Comment by sweet-a-kins (original poster) at 9:03 PM on Aug. 5, 2010