Have you ever been depressed? If so how do you let it not effect your love life? (without doctors help)

KrazyKutie

Asked by KrazyKutie at 10:28 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Health

• That is traumatic, and could be Post Traumatic Stress disorder as well. It would probably be better to try and get some kind of help so that if you are in need of medication you can get some. Don't just expect to get over it soon, your body reacts to trauma different than depression. Depression can run in families and there are different types. I hope you feel you can talk to your S.O. about this, and that he is understanding of your situation.
    TeenerBeener75

Answer by TeenerBeener75 at 4:24 PM on Aug. 10, 2010

• I think having a "buddy system" in place helps. Having someone you can trust and talk about your problems.
    Honestbest

Answer by Honestbest at 10:31 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have it now to some degree. I have had it for 10 years now. My 1st child was stillborn,and it devastated me. Medicine and therapy have not helped much because i still have no answer WHY. No one can give me one.
    My husband was and is very supportive of me,and it never really impacted our sex life.
    Perhaps if your SO was more supportive of you out of the bedroom,inside of it would not be an issue for you.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yeah. I recently told a great friend of mine what is going on. So hopefully that helps! Can't depression run in families? Because i know my mom had it once before.
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your child. I cant even begin to imagine how that feels! I can try talking to my husband about it. We'll see how things go! I realized I've been depressed since I got into a car accident and broke some bones. It really sucked. And since then I've been really torn up about it. :[
    KrazyKutie

Comment by KrazyKutie (original poster) at 11:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2010