mothers who leave their kids?

What do you think about mothers who leave their kids? Do you think its worse than the father leaving?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Having been left I say they share the same shame.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• i don't judge anyone, and I think that a father is just as good as a mother in raising children. You never know why this situation might happen, you know?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• a mother leaving is worse in my opinion.

Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 10:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Hmm..thats a tough question.. It would really depend on the situation I suppose. My kids live with me and see their dad once a week.. so I'm sure it would be worse if I left.
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Well my neighbors son is a single dad. His son who is just about 3 I belive was born when he was 17 and the mom left. He is now rasing him on his own! He lives at home still but works full time and supports himself by paying rent and bills and paying for everything for his son. I never see him out partying or anything. He is either at work or with his son! I think I give him more credit because I knew when I was pregnant I had a bond. To just leave like that after carrying this life inside you is horrible IMO. A father it is certainly easier!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• In a way, I think it's worse. After having my son grow inside of me, giving birth to him, and nurturing him in a way special to mother/baby, I can't even imagine ever leaving him.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:46 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I have never understood how a mother can just away from their children, I would say mothers are the worst for they are suppose to be the nurturer.

Answer by older at 11:06 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I don't know.. that's a tough one.. I didnt bond with my son for a while after having him and I still felt guilty for going to the store, let alone leaving him... I think its more common that the Fathers leave but I think it would be equally hard for a child to deal with.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:27 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think it really depends on the child and the situation. Speaking from situation I left my children and my husband, (Long story) but essentially at that time I felt that was the best thing I could do for my boys because I was at a place where what I was doing was not appropriate and I didn't need them to see me like that. They were angry with me for a long time because neither of them really like their father, but I just couldn't be with them. I finally moved home and the guilt I have is hard to let go of, I never thought I would ever do that and I also never understood how any mother could - but once I was in it I knew. My boys even after the whole situation, have said repeatedly me how the never want another mom, I am perfect and they have forgiven me for what I did . I have Bi-Polar I and I finally snapped, it was education for all of us and its really hard to grasp unless you've been there.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 5, 2010