Has this ever happen to you?

Yesterday night around 6pm I went upstairs to get more toilet paper for the down stairs bathroom. My boys were playing with there toys in the living room, I got the toilet paper and came back down and my kids were gone and the front door was unlocked. I ran outside to find my oldest in the driver seat of the car ( he is 2) and I couldn't find my youngest ( 1 1/2) I ran to the back of the house then into the road calling his name and looking for him. I came back in the house with my oldest. to find my youngest sitting in the corner of the couch playing with his truck. Now I will never leave my children in the living room for a min cause they just disappear. Then have hid under the bed once and I couldn't find them... Has your kids ever thought it was funny to hide from you and give you a heart attack?

Claudiomom

Asked by Claudiomom at 10:33 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter did when she was around 2. I woke up to her calling "mommy" really loud. I went to her room and it was empty, covers pushed off the bed. I checked the living room and the chain lock was still in place so I knew she didn't leave. I searched, calling her name so many times, scared to death, and then she jumps out from under her toddler bed (which I didn't look under since I didn't realize she could fit under it) and screamed "boo!".
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:35 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Nope, never had that. My house wasn't big enough for that and my son never tried to open the door or hide.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Oh my gosh, I bet that scared you to death! That's really young to be sneaking out! Our doors are pretty difficult to open, they're heavy.
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 10:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• my son got out one day when he was 3. All I had done was go pee. I come out,the back door is open and he's nowhere to be seen! I found him next door standing in the neighbors yard! i was so mad and relieved I didn't know whether to spank him or smother him in kisses!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• OMG YES! My daughter and her sister are 18 months apart in age. I think that's one of the most devious kid groupings... lol. ;)

I was cleaning and cooking in the kitchen and they were playing in the livingroom. I noticed it got really quiet so I go into the livingroom to look for them and they are NOWHERE to be found! The doors are unlocked (we were waiting for daddy to be home soon because normally I lock them when I'm not in the room for the fear they will pull a stunt and go outside to play without me knowing - I'm paranoid, but then again this day and age you kind of have to be sadly). I run outside and they aren't out there so I run around the entire house.... no kids! I run through the house, look in their rooms, my room, the bathrooms... no kids! I yell out, "Okay guys! This isn't funny anymore! Mommy is scared now!" No response. NOw I am FREAKING!
    I go back outside AGAIN! By this point I have been looking
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:40 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I remember doing the same thing to my mom too. She wouldn't give me some ice cream so when she went to the bathroom, I went to the neighbor's house and asked for some. Then hung out there for a while watching cartoons with her. :-) Such a sweet old lady, I think I was younger than her grandkids even. Oh, boy, was mom pissed!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• a good 10 minutes and I am crying.

Where do I find them? UNDER my oldest daughters bed (where I had looked previously but apparently they were in the dark corner where mommy couldn't see) ASLEEP! LMAO!

My oldest daughter said, "We were playing hide-and-seek with you mommy and we fell asleep."

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! lol

I gave them bug huge hugs and went and sat down before my heart exploded.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I was scared to death! We lock the door but my oldest found out how to open it, he loves playing in the rain so that is why he went out then he got into the car cause it started coming down harder. I was so relieved to find them, they played hide and seek with my siblings, now I know it was a bad idea...
    Claudiomom

Comment by Claudiomom (original poster) at 10:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• So far my daughter hasn't lol, not for fun at least. When she is doing something bad and I call her name she will hide from me, usually in the closet in the furthest corner and squat haha. My daughter still doesn't know how to open doors but I'm sure she will soon she gets the concept but still doesn't know to either push or pull. I would get a top lock for your son since he opens doors already that's what my sister had to do for my almost 3 year old niece.

cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 10:45 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes. We were at a stand alone JCPenny and looking for clothes for my DS (5). I was watching my DD (2) and my DH asked where DS was. I said I thought you were watching him. We called and looked everywhere in the area we were in. In a panic I went the the nearest employee and told her I lost my son. While describing him to her my DH found him under the bottom shelf hiding and he looked under it earlier. Apparently DS was moving from hiding spot to hiding spot. We asked him if he heard us call his name and he said no. We were mad and happy at the same time. We left the store after telling the employee we found him.
    SwtSnowflake2

Answer by SwtSnowflake2 at 10:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2010