What do you do that embarrasses your teenage children?

I sing very loud to the radio in the car...my children want to die or kill me!

NatalievdV

Asked by NatalievdV at 10:36 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I talk to his friends and have tats oh sorry tattoos.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:39 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• exist

just having parents embarrasses most teenagers!
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 10:40 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My 17 year old daughter is very embarrassed to buy bras and underwear. She won't even go into the aisle and so I have to and hold up items fr her approval. Well sometimes I'll put the underwear on my head (sometimes big ole granny panties and sometimes the tiniest thongs I can find) and then walk out into the aisle and ask her very loudly if these are okay. One time I even shot thongs at her from the display table and sang THE THONG SONG.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 10:43 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My mom used t owalk through the grocery store and embarrass the CRAP outta me! Mine aren't teens yet, but I haz plans! lol

She would pass gass and yell, "Eew! Jessica!"
    Or the best was when she walked up to the mini-sausages and said, "Hey! This looks like your step-dad!"
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:51 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I tend to sing and dance at the store when the mood strikes me for no reason at all, they hate that especially when I try to get them to join in.
    I talk to their friends about sex or girls or school. Mainly my older son's friends, one time my husband brought out 3 condoms from the bedroom and stuck them in my son's money jar while his friends were over. He had a heart attack and told us it was time for us to leave the house, and how he didn't want to know we used condoms so we both said oh we don't that's why we're giving them to you. He's friends pretty much played along.
    Another time I found his screen saver on his phone had a girl friend on it that was in her bra and jeans unbuttoned I didn't say too much at first, but his friend called him out in front of me and I said all kinds of things. His friend thought it was funny but my son not so much.
    My younger I can just embarass by giving him a hug in public. :)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Mine aren't teens anymore but one of my three got embarrassed at anything and everything I said or did!

Answer by older at 2:13 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Breathe!
    higherboundmom

Answer by higherboundmom at 12:40 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I would take them dancing. But they did not seem to mind at all. Going to the mall was a differant story.
    annie610

Answer by annie610 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I'm only a few years out of teenager-hood myself. So i'm still familiar with the kinds of things that embarrass most teens. I'm not one of those that gets embarrassed easily and my mom knows it. Her and I used to have contests on who could make the other run out of the store first. I would do things like find a rainbow wig and put it on and just follow her around, breaking out into dance whenever people started to look. Or find the biggest pair of granny panties ever made and run up and down the isles yelling "look ma! I found a parachute!" and waive it over my head. One time she went with me to buy a pregnancy test and before she could say something infront of the cashier I tossed the test down and said "I don't know how you get yourself into this kinda mess. Don't you think you're a little old?" instead of getting mad she just said "i'm not THAT irresponsible. I narrowed it down to 4 guys. I'll let Maury figure out the rest"
    Dajennible

Answer by Dajennible at 12:06 AM on Aug. 7, 2010

• The other day. I was cleaning the kitchen and dancing....well....TRYING to dance. I turn around and my youngest son is looking at me and ask "Mom WHAT are you doing?" I thought I was doing a great job of mopping while doing the electric slide.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 1:49 AM on Aug. 7, 2010