Do you have a target store?

We are getting one that opens on the 12th. What kind of stuff do they sell there? Is it the same junk they sell at Wal mart? If you were going to one, what would you plan on buying there?

Lornamay

Asked by Lornamay at 4:07 AM on Oct. 5, 2008 in Shopping

• It is not the same junk that Walmart has. Target does have a website if you wanted to take a glance.

Target tends to lean towards a demographic of younger families so they have trendy clothes at inexpensive prices as well as more trendy and better quality home goods than Walmart. Target is awesome and inexpensive and you see many celebrities shopping at Target as well. That should tell you something!
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 4:12 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• im sorry, i dont want to sound rude, but have you really never gone shopping at a target?? thats just crazy i thought everyone has lol..

Well Target is WAYYYYY beter than walmart just cleaner i think and has nicer things. i love target ... if i were going to target id go to get probably clothes, make up hair products and shoes and stuff more than anything else.. and maybe toys for kids. but if i were going to a Super Target, i would go for anything because they have groceries and clothes etc at supertargets... i lvoe target.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:10 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Thank you for your answers! It's true, I've never been to a Target, the first ones in Ak are opening on the 12th. I will check out the website if I can find it. We have very limited shopping options up here, we don't even have a K-mart up here anymore, and only have 2 grocery store chains, and a mom and pops type grocery.

Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 4:26 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Personally, I like Target, and I try to avoid Walmart like the plague, so...
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 4:49 AM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Target is on a completely different level than Wal-mart and K-mart. No, it's not top quality, but their stuff certainly lasts a lot longer than the other places. I personally love their housewares: dishes, glasses, they have the cutest rugs and tons of stuff that is pretty good quality.

I also can't believe you've never been to one! I don't think I can get through a week without being at Target at least once!
    bdotmom

Answer by bdotmom at 1:43 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I love Target. I go there for kitchen stuff and diapers, mostly. It's the only place I can get the big boxes of my son's diapers. Let me put it to you this way: I have a Wal-Mart that's a 30 minute drive from my house, and two Target stores that are each an hour away. I go to the Target store about 10 times more often than Wal-Mart.
    BabyCatchinMama

Answer by BabyCatchinMama at 1:44 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• I like shopping Target. I buy everything from food to clothes there. Their clearance is fantastic. I bought $70 - 400 count sheet sets for $6.48 clearance!

Their food prices beat Foodworld prices which amazes me. I just bought my sofa from Target and love it.

They have a dollar section that is great. They have a cafe and a Starbucks in our's

Their pharmacy folks are great and there is not a line like Walmart.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:04 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Do you know if it's a "Super Target"? If so they will have grocery items as well. I agree with most of what was said above - Targets do seem nicer then Walmart. I have gotten some killer deals on diapers at Target from time to time....
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 6:28 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• Target has prices like Wal-mart, but they are way clean and have large spacy aisles and the best clearance deals ever. Plus the stuff they don't sell on clearance for 75% off they donate to Goodwill, so they do good things for the community too. They have better stuff than Wal-Mart too. You are going to love it!
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 7:21 PM on Oct. 5, 2008

• And now...an analogy:

Walmart is to Target as a crusty, turning white from age, piece of off-brand chocolate flavored puffed rice candy from Halloween two years ago is to a fresh and delicious full-sized Nestle's Crunch bar.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 2:26 AM on Oct. 6, 2008