Does anyone know what your baby wants when it cries really high pitched for a long time?

My baby Cathren Will not stop crying with that tone.. Ive tried everything. Feeding, Diper, Sleeping, Hugs, everything! Please help!

Rachey18baby

Asked by Rachey18baby at 10:54 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That is a pain cry...

Depending on how old she is, it could be gas, teething, or growing pains- or she could be coming down with something and feel crummy.

Try bicycling for gas, or lay her flat on her tummy across her lap and rub the small of her back.

For teething, wet a baby washcloth ties a knot in it, stick it in the freezer for an hour and then let her gnaw on it... Things like frozen peas are awesome too.

Growing pains suck, and short of a warm bath, lots of love, and a little pain killer- there isn't much you can do.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:59 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• thats pain,probably gas.Put her head down,butt in the air and rub her back. Gas rises!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It sounds like a colicky baby and there is not much you can do for that consult his doctor.

Answer by older at 10:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Sounds like pain to me! Ouch poor baby...look into why she might be in pain.
    maggiebella25

Answer by maggiebella25 at 10:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• teething. Give her some tylenol.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Sounds like either pain or colicky :(
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• My little man is very SPECIFIC... he will scream and cry for varius things and the funniest thing I've noticed him doing lately is crying if we give him a bottle and he wants the baby food instead... or crying if we try to give him bbay food and he wants the bottle. *Face Palm*

He cried for over an hour one night and I didn't know what else to try... daddy took over helping (we were double teaming throughout also) and he couldn't figure it out... then he alked into the kitchen where I was putting the bbayfood away and he saw the jar, stopped crying and smiled at me.
    OMG!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 10:58 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Definitely in pain. Maybe gas? If mylecon doesn't work, try gripe water. Colic Calm was the only brand of gripe water that worked for my son. Turns out he was allergic to the citrus I was eating. I hope your baby feels better soon!
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:38 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• That sounds like a pain cry. When my babies got that upset I would give either gripe water or teething tablets, followed by plenty of breastfeeding and co-sleeping for a peaceful night's rest!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 2:28 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• sounds like gas to me! bounce her belly down on your lap and pat her back at the same time.....
    mommahall951

Answer by mommahall951 at 9:10 AM on Aug. 6, 2010