Do you think that the average, everyday person knows nothing about science and art?

rachelcat

Asked by rachelcat at 11:01 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Going somewhere specific with this that it should be in R&B?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:02 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Nothing is really pushing it. I think everyone knows some aspect of those. Most haven't has training or education,but you pick stuff up as you go.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:10 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Nothing? No. But an awful lot of people know very little about either of these subjects.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 11:16 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• That's exactly why the art & music programs at the schools are important and the funds for them shouldn't be cut. Kids should have Art & Music just like all the other classes that are mandatory that they take and the cirriculum should expand on the information that is taught about them. I bet kids would be fascinated by it all if more was done to give them a modern day version.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 11:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I wouldn't say they know nothing but often what they do know is limited and they often hold a misunderstanding of what is really being said and what they think is being said. For example let's take Science. How many people try to combine Evolution and The Big Bang which are two completely separate scientific theories.

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:02 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Unfortunately, I would have to agree with this... Most people I know have never had a reason to learn this stuff, so they don't. For me, I can't imagine not seeking out this education for myself of my kids, but I'm far from normal!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:12 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It's a matter of degrees for everyone, the more interest someone has in a topic the more they tend to learn about it.  For me it was important to teach my kids about a lot of different things so we've read lots of science, art, and history books together.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 1:38 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It depends on a person's interests. I'm very interested in science, so I research and read about it, I'm not really that interested in the arts, so I would say I'm ignorant on that topic. Nothing wrong with it, I can't feel passionate and be knowledgeable about everything. No one can.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 1:51 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• No most people do know a little of every thing, and are just stronger in some areas.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 9:20 AM on Aug. 6, 2010

• I think they know very little.
    abra

Answer by abra at 3:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2010