TMI for some but I am curious

Ok ladies, I know the obvious call your doc, but she is out of the office this week so I am trying to see if anyone else can do this....I was having lots of pressure in my crotch so I did some investigating inside and he is still way in there but I can feel his head no problem, I mean there is some soft tissue between us, but I do not have contractions nor has my water broke, is this normal?

Quintensmom

Asked by Quintensmom at 11:23 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I would think it just means that you are mega close to having the baby. He has dropped and you should be careful because your water may break at any moment.

GL mommy!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:25 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I had 3 emergency c-sections so I never got that far.
    Memigen

• Are you close to your due date? The soft tissue is your cervix. If it felt soft and closed,you probably won't be going soon,but you never know. When it feels flat and almost non existent,you're close

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:27 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yeah thats normal. Im actually experiencing the same thing right now :) (Im 38 weeks)
    GL!!!
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 11:32 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I am due the 20th so yes I am close, I am just getting anxious and curious how much longer I have left
    Quintensmom

Comment by Quintensmom (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I think you're probaby thining out, which happens in prep for the big event. You're close to your due date, so i think it's normal :)
    mommy_tl

Answer by mommy_tl at 11:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• honey sometimes pressure just aint good enough to describe the feeling u get when u are 36+ weeks.... trust me i know... and sounds like u know too,,, but be careful dont break ur water,,, u probably still have your mucus plug , or have u passed it sometime u know and sometimes u dont but i have had four pregnancies and with each one it felt different just trust ur dr and ask lots of questions ... there are no stupid questions when it comes to talking to ur dr ,,, if ur having lots of pressure that u dont normally have the baby is moving on down yay that is good news for you and baby!!! at least its not under your ribcage.. that hurts too ... and some of the pressure sould be like braxton hicks contractions,, very uncomfortable..... my best advice is stay off your feet as much as possible !!! drink lots of water and get lots of naps your body and your baby need all of the above !!!! take care .
    jjpnelson

Answer by jjpnelson at 11:37 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• You're fine. But if you're worried, ask at your next check-up.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• there's always an on call doc you can talk to.. or call the nurse number on the back of your medical card.
    Audreysmommy123

Answer by Audreysmommy123 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Just be careful that you don't introduce harmful bacteria into the area by checking yourself. Good luck momma!
    Sonylena

Answer by Sonylena at 12:24 PM on Aug. 5, 2010