sleep or not....

My child is almost 7 months old and has only slept through the night a few times. I have tried several techinques and they seem to work the first time I try them and then back to waking at least once a night. I know this can be normal for her to not sleep all night but I am wondering if any of you other moms have gone through this and were able to help your child sleep at least a little longer through the night (I know 6 hours is considered sleep through).
If you are a lucky mom that your child just sleeps and has from a young age please don't respond.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have found that sleeping through the night is a developmental stage in one way (they do it when they are ready) but it is different in that just because they do it once (or for a week, or 3 months) doesn't mean they are now going to always sleep through the night. Sleeping through the night comes and goes for the first couple of years. Often during times of big developmental change (learning to crawl, walk, stand, talk, etc.) they will be waking at night again.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 5, 2010