was it ok to do?

so we live in a town-home community and we each have a parking/guest parking pad well we got new neighbors in our little section, and they parked in our parking/guest pad, so this morning i left a note on the windshield, was nice about it, I said hello welcome to the neighborhood, however not trying to be rude but this parking pad is part of 1322(my address), we each have 1 spare parking pad, so i would greatly appreciate if you don't park in ours anymore thank you and have a great day. was that ok to do? cause i figure they are new they might have known the parking and how it works around here so i figure i should nip it in the butt before it comes an issue, seem ok?

oppsdiditagain

Asked by oppsdiditagain at 11:31 AM on Aug. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Seems polite enough. I wouldn't be angry or upset if I found something like that on my windshield.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:33 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• Yes that was fine! Nothing wrong with that, assuming the parking is clearly marked that this spaced belong to you. My grandmother lived in a area like that. The parking spot were marked with what apt/address they belong too. She had a garage that she parked her car in, plus she had one spot in the lot.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:35 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• It was okay, and it's good that you nipped it in the butt... but if I received this note I would be thinking to myself, "Wow, how rude!"

I would probably have given it a day or so to see if it happened again and then would have probably asked the community manager to speak to them to ensure they understood the parking arrangements.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 11:38 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• The note was alright, I think I would have waited to see if it happened again though. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• That sounds fine. If it happens again, I'd go to the apartment manager and let them address it.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:41 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would have (and have had to) do the same thing... I don't think it was rude, and I wouldn't be in the slightest offended if someone said the same to me.

Where I used to live, you would get towed if you did not park in your designated spot. It was a big deal when we couldn't use our parking spaces.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:42 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• thanks ladies- i figure we bought the townhome, so did they so we have to see each other daily lol dont need enemies for my neighbors! lol
    oppsdiditagain

Comment by oppsdiditagain (original poster) at 11:44 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• seems fine to me. I also live in a small apartment complex, but we are only allowed 1 parking space and extra vehicles/guest have to park in guest parking. Unfortunately no one cares
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:48 AM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would have done the same thing. Hopefully they won't think its rude....I personally wouldnt have thought it was rude, but people are different,lol. Maybe they just didnt know or were somehow misinformed. Its good that you nipped it in the bud now.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:10 PM on Aug. 5, 2010

• I would not have been offended. :)
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 1:41 PM on Aug. 5, 2010